You are here
Air Freight Manager
Opportunity with Multinational FMCG firm
Must have 7+ years of experience in Air Freight
About Our Client
My client is a multinational FMCG and retail firm with over 10,000 employees worldwide.
The role of Air Freight Manager will include, but not limited to the following:
- Ensure smooth Import of all its product categories (Val, GC & DG) from Europe & Asia. -
- Ensure smooth Export of the same to GCC, Middle East & India from multiple locations in Dubai. -
- Manage external providers in all aspects, including respect of KPI's, SLA's & Compliance (Legal & Group) -
- Ensure all shipping is done with the correct method and at the right price.
- Setting & monitoring their MBO's/KPI's -Staff appraisals/IDP's in conjunction with external providers
- Analysing the best method of transportation- Air/Road -Evaluate, negotiate and appoint key transport suppliers. -Keeping oneself informed about developments in this field
- Ensuring adherence of group transport directives - Ensuring adherence of local regulations- Customs/Security agencies. -Ensuring all customs declarations are done timely & accurately - Keeping oneself informed about developments in this field
- Ensure that all inbound & Outbound operations are managed within the agreed SLA's & KPI's. -Ensure timely and accurate movement (Reception & Transfer) of goods in NSI (financial system). - Do monthly review meetings with external providers. Monitor their performance and utility of their vehicles
- Approve of suppliers invoices for transportation -Develop & monitor yearly freight budget
- Create & update all shipping processes -Create Rasci matrix for the shipping dept. -Ensure checks & controls are in place to avoid double or wrong duty payments
- Regular formalized meetings with brands and service providers. Reporting : All reporting should add value -Implement & Maintain operational cockpit
The Successful Applicant
For the role of Air Freight Manager the ideal candidate must have the following:
- Overall 5 years' experience in Freight operations, either in Airlines or in a freight organisation
- Good knowledge of customs regulations - Local as well as International. * Good knowledge of transportation mechanisms in the region. * Strong in analysis * Demonstrates attention to detail. * Structured -Designs & understands work flows and procedures.
What's on Offer
AED 30,000 + Benefits