You are here
Associate - Private Equity, Qatar
- German, Mandarin Speaking
- Investment Banking/ Private Equity/ Venture Capital
About Our Client
Financial Services client with investments globally, looking to add an Associate to their core investments team in Qatar. Although the role is straightforward, the requirements for the ideal candidate are niche (see Successful Applicant section below).
Working closely with the Director and Associate Director, the main responsibilities and primary functions of the Associate would include the following:
- Assist in the execution of investment/divestment activities
- Prepare and document complete analysis of new investment/divestment opportunities
- Support the production of recommendation papers and all other support documents for approval processes
- Participate in the preparation of all required documentation and coordinate legal and financial closing.
- Participate actively in monitoring developments of assigned Investees and their competitive environment
- Assist in the elaboration of value creation initiatives with Investees and document such proposals (performance enhancement/exit strategies etc.)
- Collect, analyse, and benchmark Investee's performance and report trends and elaborate improvement strategies as applicable
- Develop network of collaborators, industry specialists and market analysts
- Attend, as required, meetings related to investee companies
- Prepare, as required, periodic monitoring reports
- Maintain up to date awareness of relevant industry dynamics and M&A activities
- Follow developments of promising industries and leading participants globally
- As and when required, provide necessary support to board representatives.
- Contribute towards formulation of company's strategy, annual business plans, budgets, policies and procedures.
The Successful Applicant
The candidate must have:
- At least 5 years work experience - the preference is Private Equity > Investment Banking > Corporate Finance
- Excellent academics, preferably with an MBA and a CFA is a major advantage
- Languages spoken and written must include at least one of German/ Mandarin along with fluent English
- Excellent financial modelling, research and data mining skills and experience - these will be tested in the interview process
- Experience in Western Europe and/ or the East is a plus, as the client may look to invest outside of the Middle East
- The ability to live and work in Doha, Qatar
If the above is fulfilled, the client is happy to relocate the candidate and offer an excellent tax-free compensation package, and also assistance with relocation.
What's on Offer
Competitive tax-free compensation package.