You are here
Business Application Manager - Implement Ticketing Solutions
Fantastic opportunity to work on exciting initiatives with a leading UAE brand
Must have experience of application development, ticketing solutions, frontend
About Our Client
This is a leading UAE organisation with numerous exciting projects and opportunities across the whole operation. They are consistently investing in new projects and initiatives and only ever look to secure the best talent available on the market to help deliver the vision and build for the future.
As the Business Critical Application Manager you will be responsible for all aspects of business critical applications and digital platforms, with the highest priority to align system capability with business strategy. You will lead the application team, application management and solution delivery on the digital domain.
- Lead the design and delivery of business critical application and digital platforms that are in line with the industry best practices and that enables business to drive further benefits.
- Responsible for business alignment and prioritization of all projects on business critical systems.
- Ensure change is managed effectively, reducing risk to the business.
- Identify proactively new business functionalities that could create competitive advantages.
- Provide ad-hoc reporting and decision support required for management decision processes.
- Maximize applications performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting application problems and outages and scheduling application upgrades and collaborating with IT teams on application architecture optimization and applications security.
- Contribute to pre-testing phase of development by evaluating proposals in order to identify potential problem areas, controlling the quality and make the appropriate recommendations.
- Lead, train and support Application Managers in their daily activities as well as supporting other staff engaged in similar activities.
- Determine, recommend and implement software upgrades for applications.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or IT
- Oracle or Microsoft SQL Database certificate, as well as PMP/Prince 2 are highly desirable
- 7+ years' experience of application management with 3+ years' experience of application development
- 5+ years' experience of digital platform management
- Demonstrable, strong analysis skills are a must, along with application development management skills.
- Understanding of potential impacts on cross functional processes
- Strong understanding of latest UX best practices, user research and user journeys
- Ability to lead and influence broad, cross-functional teams
- Exceptional analytical, logical reasoning, strategic thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to readily learn and adapt to new technologies, industry practices and trends
- Knowledge of Ticketing solutions
- Knowledge of frontend solution such as B2C and Mobile Applications
- Knowledge of Content management systems
- Experience with Retail, F&B and B2B solutions
- Experience in application integration management
- Knowledge on marketing automation
- Good knowledge in GOF Patterns
- Design and development of SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services), SSAS (SQL Server Analyzing Service) and Reporting Services
- Experience with data modeling tools, and major DBMS systems
What's on Offer
Fantastic growth plan - multiple sites to roll ticketing solution out to.
Will consider Europeans - all the benefits of tax free living!