You are here
Business Development Manager - Energy Industry
- Identification of new business opportunities
- Conduct economic analysis of capital projects
About Our Client
Our client is in the energy business.
- Support the management of financial implication of potential Investment / JV opportunities by undertaking the necessary feasibility studies using rough assumptions/proxies for key value drivers.
- Evaluate, develop and present the feasibility and business cases on new business opportunities to Senior Management
- Provide business modelling/planning expertise to the departmental Heads and help them develop timely and accurate business plans based on appropriate value driver logic.
- Update business plans as needed over the course of the development life-cycle
- Manage the assessment process for capital investments such as scenario planning, sensitivity analysis, economic evaluation, and project ranking in order to ensure sound and optimal capital investments are recommended to the Management
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Business Development unit, providing expertise, encouraging and ensuring teamwork, aligning work processes in order to achieve high performance standards, meet established targets, objectives and employee engagement in a motivated work environment, and liaising with internal and external parties, as necessary, to facilitate the flow of business
- Identifies ways to increase revenue by eliminating wasteful practices and expediting product delivery
- Commission and utilise market research for ongoing and future projects in the business globally in order to assess the demand and supply of the end products developed by the company
- Undertakes study of new business opportunities relevant for the company and assess their feasibility and attractiveness and plan for follow-up on suitable ventures for the management.
- Identify and analyse the risk of new projects in new and existing markets in order to provide management with a preliminary view of the risks involved along with financial implications derived from the same and propose risk mitigation or avoidance measures to enable the projects to proceed with acceptable level of risk.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering discipline and MBA in Strategic Planning concentration is an advantage.
- 15 - 18 years of direct experience in the similar role preferably the Oil & Gas or similar Industry.
- Must possess strong Business Acumen, Engineering principles, Strategic Planning, and Performance Measuring & Reporting
What's on Offer
Competitive salary package