You are here
BUSINESS PLANNING MANAGER
AED45,000 - AED50,000 per month (AED540,000 - AED600,000)
- Develop short-term and long-term strategic business plans
- Leading Energy business in Qatar
About Our Client
Leading energy business in Qatar
- Define, develop and implement business planning processes.
- Coordinate and manage cross-functional teams to improve business planning methods.
- Determine and execute key business initiatives that will drive business operations.
- Develop and implement best practices and learning plans to meet business objectives.
- Identify business problems and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Understand business direction and needs and develop solutions, roadmaps and assessment of potential business impacts.
- Run the Annual Business Cycle to annually review the Company Vision and Strategic Objectives and develop the five year strategy to achieve the objectives.
- Validate key assumptions to be used for business plans such as oil price, plant availability and long-term production plans.
- Develop and implement relevant performance management and reporting systems (e.g. management dashboard) and business analytics processes to track corporate performance and strategy implementation.
- Develop the functional strategies and plans in line with the business needs and overall organizational strategy and objectives.
- Develop the departmental strategies and plans in line with the functional strategies and ensure implementation and execution of the same.
- Set appropriate performance and service standards and develop appropriate KPIs at the corporate, group and departmental levels to track key performance areas.
- Evaluate performance and highlight areas of attention to executive management in a timely manner.
- Recommend and monitor appropriate remedial actions to ensure organizational performance standards and service quality are maintained.
- Provide business modelling/planning expertise to the Group Chiefs and Department Managers and help them develop timely and accurate business plans based on appropriate value driver logic.
- Support the management in translating strategic plans into clear/tangible business models/plans for each function and provide overview on alignment of current portfolio with strategic plan.
- Update business plans as needed over the course of the development lifecycle in order to ensure alignment with the market.
- Identify and drive relevant organizational development programs and initiatives to drive organizational excellence.
- Proactively network with potential clients in the region in order to collect data about the prevailing market trends and sales strategies and provide input to the management on the same.
- Responsible for the preparation of Department budget and monitor financial performance versus the budget so that the business is aware of anticipated costs / revenues.
- Exercise financial authority within established limits and controls departmental budget expenditure. Set up the milestone plans and steps to milestones.
- Identify areas of unsatisfactory performance and potential performance improvement
- Develop standard procedures to manage and maintain business operational and financial objectives
- Responsible for the achievement of Department's objectives through people leadership which includes setting individual objectives, managing performance, developing and motivating Employees, provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal in order to maximize subordinates and Department's performance.
- Develop Qatarization plans to help qualified Qatari Nationals to occupy potential vacancies so as to adhere to stipulated Qatarization targets.
- Encourage employees to demonstrate key behaviours in order to achieve Department objectives.
- Provide accurate and timely reports to executive management on key accountability areas highlighting problems or opportunities where applicable to keep them abreast with regard to functional performance.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant health, safety, and environmental management procedures and controls across the function activities to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality products / services and a responsible environmental attitude.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering discipline and MBA in Strategic Planning concentration is an advantage.
- 15 - 18 years of direct experience in the similar role preferably the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, and Fertiliser Industry.
- Must possess strong Business Acumen, Engineering principles, Strategic Planning, Performance Measuring & Reporting, Analytical, People Management, Presentation, communication and Negotiation skills.
What's on Offer
QAR 40000 - QAR 50000 per month + flights + medical + schooling + bonuses