You are here
Category Associate with Professional Services
A leading investment firm based in Abu Dhabi
Must have experience working for a government entity as a procurement advisor
About Our Client
The company is a highly reputable government owned entity, thus the candidate will ideally have worked for the government managing their procurement function or similarly a leading multi-national
- Support the category managers in developing and managing a category management approach to procurement.
- Develop, lead and deliver category and sub-category strategies and procurement projects within the overall category programme and prepare reports when required.
- Collect and analyze spend and market data in order to support procurement strategies.
- Provide support and guidance to senior managers and lead on aspects of the procurement cycle including market and supplier evaluation, development and analysis, tender process, data analysis and negotiation to ensure contracts are delivered on programme and deliver savings within a best practice framework.
- Foster and manage relationships with internal and external clients and suppliers, external company counterparts, and industry and trade associations to garner best practices to continually enhance Category Expertise.
- Develop and deploy expertise within a particular area of spend (categories: Marketing, Facilities Management, Professional Services, IT) as required to achieve value for money procurement solutions when letting contracts and provide support to departments as required to ensure the company's best interests are promoted.
- Ensure contracts are compliant with statutory and regulatory regimes including the company's policies.
- Develop and manage relationships with suppliers that contribute to performance management, build capacity, enhance control of the supply chain, and promote a partnering approach to managing contracts.
- Lead on procurement related negotiations with suppliers to ensure savings are achieved, and value for money and efficiency's are secured.
The Successful Applicant
The company is a highly reputable government owned entity, thus the candidate will ideally have worked for the government managing their procurement function or similarly a leading multi-national with the following experience:
- Have managed a portfolio of professional services
- Hold a degree and masters from a reputable university
- Have experience within a European government entity or have worked for a leading global company within their procurement function
What's on Offer
The package value is as follows:
30,000 - 35,000 AED PM
Full expatriate benefits