You are here
Category Lead Packaging & Logistics
Our client a leading lubricants manufacturer is looking for a category lead
You MUST have experience strategically sourcing logitics suppliers within FMCG
About Our Client
Our client is a global entity who manufacture and distribute lubricants to the automotive and industrial markets across the UAE and GCC from their Dubai plant. They are looking for an expert logistics sourcing specialist ideally from an FMCG background.
Our client, a leading lubricants manufacturer based in Dubai is looking for a Category Lead Packaging & Logistics to be based in their head office.
- Deliver a category management approach to procurement which will migrate the department from transaction based to long term strategic partnership based procurement.
- Develop, lead and deliver category and sub-category strategies and procurement projects within the overall category, to ensure that savings and efficiency's are achieved.
- Develop and deploy expertise within the category as required to achieve optimum value for money solutions and provide support to departments as required ensuring the best interests of the organisation are protected and promoted.
- Leverage on TMME spend, consolidation opportunities, supply chain re-engineering and value engineering.
- Develop and manage relationships with suppliers that contribute to performance management, enhance control of the supply chain, and promote a partnering approach to strategic suppliers.
- Support the development of the contract process, ensuring robust contracts are established and are compliant with policy, DOA and regulatory requirements.
- Support procurement related negotiations which fall outside current strategies to ensure savings; value for money and efficiency's are secured and that coaching and mentoring is deployed to the business in the process.
- Provide support, advice and guidance to end users, acting as an ambassador for the development of Procurement within the organisation.
- Contribute to the provision of internal and external training to develop supply chain and strategic sourcing understanding.
Work collaboratively as a lead with the Procurement Operations team to develop effective and efficient practices. Recognises the key strengths and development needs of individual Colleagues.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Category Lead Packaging & Logistics MUST have the following credentials and experience:
- BA in procurement / strategic sourcing (Ideally MASTERS in a similar major)
- MUST have experience managing a LOGISTICS spend for an FMCG Multinational
- MUST have 3 years within a leading FMCG business managing a logistics spend circa 120 MAED or equivalent
- Ideally European or Western educated candidate
What's on Offer
The package offered is as follows:
18,000 - 25,000 AED per month
All expatriate benefits