You are here
Category Manager - Chemicals
United Arab Emirates
AED30,000 - AED30,000 per month (AED360,000)
Category Manager for Chemicals
About Our Client
A leading FMCG manufacturing business based here in Dubai involved in innovative manufacturing
- Always achieve 100% purchases below the market index per the available and subscribed market information
- Achieve 100% on-time-in-full (OTIF) delivery from suppliers, and limit inventory to the stock levels agreed with the relevant Operations Managers per business unit.
- Run smooth professional processes that meet all agreed outcomes
- Maintain professional and ethical relationships with suppliers. Contact suppliers at least once a month to establish and/or inform any helpful actions that need to be taken.
- Work closely with the Operations Managers and Buyers and meet with them at least once a month for accurate and up-to-date. Focusing on - Material Requirement Planning, forecasting, and qualify and quantify issues with suppliers, process, delivery, quality then apply immediate remedial actions.
- Maintain and consistently apply legally defendable Supply Chain Agreements.
- Introduce alternative suppliers/products that improves and replaces existing raw materials, and obtain a measurable improvement on cost/quality availability and/or mitigate risk.
- Maintain a minimum of 3 suppliers per raw material input that originates from the Euro and the USD zones.
- Research and forecast markets every day.
- Propose and apply agreed methods to mitigate the market risks to The Group and to always take advantage of opportunities at the right time
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree from a reputable university
- Certification in CIPS, CPP or CSCP is preferred.
- Valuable MBA qualification from an accredited and reputable institution.
- Fluency required in reading, writing and speaking English.
- A minimum of 10 years' progressive job-related experience, at least 5 years of which in a similar role
What's on Offer