You are here
Category Manager Fragrances
Experience managing a Merchandising team in the fragrances sector
Regional experience in the Middle East
About Our Client
A unique beauty retail concept, that features brands across a wide range of categories.
- Creating and developing long term plan and strategy for development of the Fragrances category
- Monitoring market trends and optimize portfolio accordingly
- Monitor stock availability vs plan and ensure that it is in line with the forecast and evolving with the set limits of the rolling forecast. Manage stock and performance vs. set KPIs.
- Define and set category objectives
- Leading the category to optimize the product offer and related merchandizing.
- Review of Brand & Category Planograms ( shelving ) ensure optimal assortments which deliver highest return of sales & profitability
- Develop and implement Fragrance calendar and ensure its proper implementation along with the new product launches, new stores and brand expansions. To ensure planning of existing, new and exclusive ranges across all the brand's Middle East stores.
- Data analysis of category performance, ensuring strong understanding of SKU level performance by Store. Develop KPI reports to keep management up to date on the category development that includes Niche/ Newness and key pillars.
- Maintain close coordination and communication with brands for the implementation of brand guidelines in line with the brand's retail strategy
- Set the category guidelines and coach and control the team on the implementation
- Negotiate and implement legal agreements with existing and new brands.
- Ensure Ecommerce platforms are properly catered to from a category level and have a clearly defined assortment in place.
- Manage Fragrance in store animation calendar on regional level
Assortment and merchandising:
- Own the Fragrance category annual budget / market/ brand.
- Work on assortment Optimization and provide assortment strategy.
-Ensure forecast accuracy and define most relevant product mix for category at SKU level.
- Provides sellout forecast to Supply Chain on SKU level and secure optimal stock levels.
- Secure optimal sell through against forecast for all launches
- Manage a large portfolio of brands and develop appropriate strategy for each.
- Regular space performance review and subsequent adjustment for slow sellers and poor performing SKU's to deliver optimal productivity for both Niche and classic lines.
Communication and Reporting:
- Report monthly KPI's on Fragrance Turnover vs budget and development on category markets
- Quarterly Category Review on category performance building on monthly KPI's including animation, thematics, PR and CRM Results.
- Performance tracking on achievements vs budgets
- Develop strong working relationship with marketing, supply chain and operations is essential
- Liaise and cooperate with all different functional departments ensuring timely and proper execution of launches, animations, thematics, expansion
- Set and manage the Co Media Budget (if any) spend as per fragrance and brand relevance
- Ensure correct spend and correct budget allocation.
-Ensure brand participation in PR events and follow up on execution with relevant participating brands
-Build a strong offer and define brand /SKU selection for brand thematics
- To ensure availability of stock and support the monthly animation plan for the
- To organize new brand launches in terms of administration collaboration with the marketing team.
Management & Leadership:
- Provides guidance and direction to team, including setting performance KPIs and monitoring performance +
- Identifies development needs of the team and coaches/helps to improve their knowledge and skills
- In collaboration with the training Team, oversee the brand's training activity's, monitor brands training requirements and communication.
The Successful Applicant
- Depth of insight into what moves the beauty customer - particularly Fragrance
- Understanding of how to engage with suppliers to drive excitement and quality of execution
- Fully understand the business needs and adapt to the requirements
- Comfortable communicating findings
- Able to adapt him/herself to any situations
- High level of energy, enthusiasm and motivation
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and benefits