You are here
Commercial Manager (Construction)
Manage and oversee the execution and delivery of all real-estate projects.
Complete responsibility of development activities
About Our Client
Leading family business in Qatar
Working closely with the General Manager - and other internal Group stakeholders - the Manager will develop and oversee every phase of each project, from analyzing and determining the project feasibility, through to project close-out, resulting in a smooth transition to the property/asset management team.
- Complete responsibility of development activities and cycle for all projects within the Company portfolio, from conceptualisation to delivery and successful handover
- Participate in the due diligence of new projects and/or acquisitions and identify sources of new development projects
- Define and develop project business strategy; capable of delivering projects in line with fiscal and other constraints of the project(s)
- Develop and implement transparent development guidelines, policies and procedures - including procurement methods, pre-qualified contractors, payments, Health & Safety etc
- Develop and control the property development and project operational budget
- Establish in-house monitoring and tracking procedures
- Prepare specific development, design and construction programs
- Select and direct the efforts of design agencies, masterplanners and infrastructure specialists
- Monitor and control the design and construction process and the work of external consultants/specialists
- Analyze and make decisions regarding risk management, value engineering, claims, and impact analysis
- Implement quality management systems requirements related to the projects and continuously examine opportunities for improvement
- Evaluation and management of internal and external resourcing requirements to support portfolio development activities
- Direct and support the property development team by coaching, providing positive and corrective feedback, appraising performance, and administering discipline
- Prepare monthly and adhoc management reports for all project - including achievements, budget tracking, variations etc
The Successful Applicant
BSC in Civil Engineering
Project Governance Experience of a minimum of 10 years
Coordination and Management of various engineering disciplines such as Architecture, Civil Structural, Plumbing, Drainage, Electrical, AC, Fire Fighting etc… minimum 10 years.
The candidate should have a minimum of 12 years of experience as a Commercial Manager or similar function. GCC experience is a must.
Skills/experience required: Contractor experience /Strong in contracts /Strong in arbitration/ Strong in systems and process/ Assertive and self-reliant.
What's on Offer
QAR 40000 per mont + flights + medical + bonuses