You are here
Corporate Lawyer (in house, contracts)
- resolving legal disputes
- labour law, contracts
About Our Client
Facilities Management Company in Doha
To provide legal advice on all aspects of the corporate activities, resolving legal disputes, supporting and updating the the Management and Human Resources team on labour and corporate law. Actively involved with the Commercial team in preparations of tender documents and contracts, negotiating with potential partners and/or new clients while conducting due diligence reviews and ensuring full understanding of terms and conditions to minimize risks and exposure.
- Review, draft, negotiate and administer a variety of tender and contracts with clients, vendors and other business partners.
- Drive to conclusion commercial and other business needs directly and through effective communication within company departments, executive management and with customer or company partners, vendors or suppliers.
- Advise company concerning business transactions, claim liability, advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuits, or legal rights and obligations.
- Interpret laws, rulings and regulations for individuals and businesses.
- Provide advice on legal and ethical issues referred to by the CEO.
- Provide support to Human Resources regarding labour matters.
- Prepare and draft legal documents.
- Provide legal support to the bidding department in the tender processes.
- Analyse and identify legal risks and their implications.
- Prepare legal briefs and opinion.
- Draft, review, amend contracts, agreements and other legal instruments entered
- Ensure keeping the Company in compliance with law.
- Draft official documents needed to be sent to governmental sectors.
- Draft and translate letters (Arabic/English) and documents addressed to governmental authorities or involving legal issues as required.
- Preparing all resolutions need to be signed by the Board Members.
- Maintain updates in terms of new business laws and regulations.
- Perform related duties such as interpretation of laws, keeping abreast of legislation.
- Contact law enforcement authorities, e.g., Attorney General, Police department
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 7 years of experience at a law firm or in-house.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Commercial contracts
- This is a business support role requiring strong legal and operations focus.
- Particular preference given to individuals with background in facility management, engineering or construction biddings.
Candidates must be experienced with tender preparations, including due diligence and contract review, and should have familiarity with document review platforms. Candidates are required to demonstrate superb attention to detail, the ability to meet tight deadlines, excellent oral and written communication skills.
The position will require an ability to display legal and business acumen in approaching and resolving issues, primarily focused on procurement functions of the business
What's on Offer
- Family status available
- Total package QAR40-45,000 (base, housing, transport)
- Self and Family medical insurance
- Schooling allowance for up to 3 children (between 45K-90K per annum per family)
- Two flights to home country per year for self and family