You are here
Data Governance & Quality Manager - Telecoms Experience
- Exciting opportunity to manage ongoing Data Governance & Quality initiatives
- Need strong knowledge of data governance best practice in large environment
About Our Client
This is a well-established and very successful organisation with ongoing ambitious plans for further development and growth constantly underway. Significant focus and resource is being invested in various areas of the corporate functions with this brand new role a direct result.
- Documents End 2 End Business Processes, Policies and Requirements in alignment with key stakeholders. Translates the same into technical requirements and defines end-to-end technical design & functionality.
- Manages and coordinates the implementation and rollout of the processes and applications in Data Governance & Quality.
- Engages with end users, manages proposed enhancements and plans the implementation and rollout in coordination with the technology teams.
- Manages the implementation and rollout plan, identifies and classifies potential barriers to the implementation and defines alternative solutions or changes if necessary.
- Facilitates the implementation of development projects as per the agreed on process in order to ensure timely completion and compliance to quality standards.
- Coordinates technical realisation with IT and Engineering section to realise high-quality technical solutions within time frame and budget through all gates.
- Oversees all aspects of vendor relations effectively in order to ensure that contract finalisation, compliance and timely completion and payment are handled smoothly and according to the prescribed procedures and guidelines.
- Engages with the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and facilitate effective and organised issue resolution.
- Manages the complete cycle of the product including the delivery of user manuals, training sessions and arranging for proper end user support.
- Provide Data Governance, Data Quality Audits, Reference Data Management, Data Certification, Master Data Management, Data Validation and reconciliation for downstream applications
- Ensures adherence to Data Governance processes, policies, and standards
- Ensure appropriate understanding, interpretation and usage of business data definitions, project specific data definitions and the data certification list of terms to be certified
- Perform data quality audits on project data for such things as inconsistent data, incomplete data, business rule violations, incorrect data, etc.
- Manages reference data and their hierarchies for business/projects
- Approves all data quality exceptions on the business/projects
- Reviews and approves data quality metrics and validation rules for the business/projects
- Lead activities / deliverables of team of data specialists, modelers and analysts. Establish, communicate and implement data governance plans, objectives, and strategies. This position doesn't have direct reports.
- Take a hand's on approach to data governance. Create a baseline for use in periodic data governance reviews and audits
- Utilises information management tools as well as various data sources, to uncover and determine root causes of data issues.
- Works closely with internal business users and clients (data owners) to resolve data issues.
- Evaluates data gathered from multiple sources, reconciles differences, and ensures consistent approaches, data interpretation, and results measurements
- Works with business owners to defines and establish data quality rules and definitions consistent with department and organisations strategies
- Oversee the implementation and use of data governance workflow, metadata, glossary and master data management tools.
- Develop and report on data governance metrics that measure program effectiveness
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/Computer Science
- At least 7 years experience working within a data-centric role
- Strong understanding of Customer Data, ideally from a large telecommunications environment
- Strong understanding of data governance principles within a large complex organisational environment
- Extensive experience in establishing data quality rules and definitions in line with organisational strategies
- Demonstrable ability to collaborate with a wide variety of colleagues in various departments to achieve ambitious objectives
- Project Management experience
- System Integration experience
- Process Design & Re-engineering
- Supplier Management experience
- Customer Experience knowledge
- Data Governance experience
- Data Quality Audits experience
- Data Validation/Data reconciliation experience
- Data Management governance policies knowledge
- Sales, Marketing & Customer Service concepts & best practices.
What's on Offer
This exciting and unique opportunity offers the chance to work closely with influential senior executives and pays a fantastic salary plus great company benefits to the successful candidate.