You are here
Demand Planning Manager
Opportunity with a large Retail Business
Must have Demand and Inventory Planning experince in the Retail industry
About Our Client
My client is a one of the largest B2C Retail companies in the UAE.
The role of Demand Planning Manager will include, but not limited to the following:
- To generate a time phased forecast by product (sku) in value and volume based on Sales history, trends and Launch/Activity calendar, in line with the agreed Business Forecast - Forecast production - On time and In full.
- To Manage and Plan processes to ensure minimum level of stock is available in the business to achieve agreed Service Levels at least costs, meeting target .
- Manage the execution of accurate and timely forecast and demand plan from suppliers to customers/stores.
- Manage the execution of accurate and timely forecast based sales history and gathered information from marketing & commercial.
- Sustains inventory guidelines and provides closed loop feedback regarding forecast trends and accuracy.
- Recommends forecasting model/tools targeting optimal forecast accuracy defined by Supplier Chain Manager.
- Uses all current and historical information/ market trends to develop SKU level demand plan - maintained on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Develop key metrics and measurement for senior management to facilitate effective decision making. Be the "head light" of the company relating to demand supply issues.
- Drive the Sales & Operation process and meetings. Aligns demand plan with sales budget/forecasts. Presents, solicits and assesses feedback on the various sales plans. Leads discussions and challenges discrepancies to ensure sales forecasts and demand plans accurately reflect expectations.
- Manage the ordering process from budget to return to vendor and work very closely with Supply Chain Coordination Team in charge of executing the orders.
- Challenge the inventory control.
- Based on forecast, calculate the needs and control the purchase orders accordingly
- Monitor and analyse regional stock levels
- Proactively propose and follow up on stock reduction plans
- Build up future stock levels to anticipate any corrective action
- Communicate timely to Sales and Marketing teams any important deviation Vs initial forecast (change of availability, risk of stock out, …)
- Drive the stock committee with Sales, Marketing and Finance teams
The Successful Applicant
The Successful Applicant
For the role of Demand Planning Manager the ideal candidate must have the following:
- A minimum 5+ years of relevant experience in Demand Planning and Inventory Management
- Must have experiencing n either FMCG OR Retail industries.
- Advanced level of Excel is mandatory
- Education in Supply Chain or Logistics Management
- Candidate must be based in the UAE
What's on Offer