You are here
Design Manager / Ladies Footwear
- Minimum 5 years' experience in design of ladies footwear
- Communication skills, attention to detail, flexibility, planning
About Our Client
Our client is a home-grown brand and one of the largest footwear and accessories retail chain in the Middle East, that offers a range of brands for men, women and children.
- Manage the compilation of information from WGSN, social media, markets, fashion weeks etc. in order to compile trends and create a forecast so that a Buyer's Season Book may be created.
- Research key trends, shapes and color pallets in order to create mood boards that direct each season's buying.
- Design the story boards of licensed and private label brands in order to ensure synergy and singularity in the collection.
Strategic Trend Adaptation
- Analyze and interpret trade results and other financials in order to make sound commercial decisions that influence internal and external stakeholders, with specific reference to communicating with suppliers for trend and design interpretation.
Product Development & Innovation
- Take existing and new product trends and develop them in order to ensure that products meet the requirements of our business, as well as our customers.
- Manage product development in a way so as to ensure a balance between driving fashion and commerciality.
- Research, design and develop new product categories, based on an in-depth understanding of the Shoe Mart/Centerpoint customer so that these gaps may be capitalized, leading to optimization of sales.
Critical Path Management
Ensure all milestones with regards to design are met in order to ensure that the buying critical path is managed effectively and without derailment.
Guide, mentor, coach and train the design team in order to ensure that they remain motivated and engaged.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a similar role and industry
- Adobe Illustrator CS, Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge of the media platform for trend identification
- Knowledge from a trend design point of view
- Communication skills, attention to detail, flexibility, planning, creativity, interpersonal skills, time-management, organizational skills, teamwork, analytical skills
What's on Offer
Competitive package and benefits