You are here
Enterprise Data Architect
Enterprise Data Architect - Must have worked with this as your primary function
Strategically minded role with one of the biggest brands in the Middle East
About Our Client
A diverse business offering with operations in 10+ countries and undergoing one of the biggest transformations in the Middle East.
Identification of business needs
- Works closely with stakeholders across group to understand how data is, or will be, used and the implication on people, processes, products and technology. Collaborates with data consumer representatives and data solution development, integration and governance teams.
- Engage with key stakeholders and translate business requirements into technical specifications.
- Interfacing with staff to build and maintain valuable and productive working relationships and ensure that the technical direction supports short term business needs as well as long term strategy
- Architecture Management
- Be confident in presenting data architecture and strategy to both and IT and the wider business.
- Create & maintain data architecture, data management standards and conventions, data naming standards, and metadata standards.
- Perform a key management and thought leadership role in the areas of advanced data techniques, including data modeling, data access, data integration, data visualization, text mining, data discovery, statistical methods, database design and implementation.
- Maintains an inventory of information subject to data protection and other appropriate legislation.
- Lead the development of scalable data architecture for all of the BI data assets, including operational data stores and the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW).
- Develop and maintain conceptual, logical and physical data models.
- Lead logical data model workshops with business users to derive at a logical data model that correctly reflects the business.
- Leading the development in line with legislative requirements and the implementation of data governance policies and practices within to protect them as an operating entity.
- Lead the documentation and standardization of new/existing architecture processes and data standards to ensure appropriate use and maintenance in line with quality standards.
- Devises and implements document and record management systems, including classification, retrieval and retention processes.
- Conceptual understanding on the emerging BI technologies, Bigdata, IOT are an added advantage.
- Capability Development
- Lead the design and subsequent management of a centralized BI center of excellence, ensuring alignment with the overall strategy and quality standards.
- Oversee the development of Source-to-Target Mappings for data flowing into the BI Platform using ETL tool frameworks.
- Implement a Data Quality discipline for transactional and multi-dimensional reporting, across all responsible systems, to ensure confidence when analyzing BI data to drive business decisions as well as ensuring overall alignment.
- Maintain and improve technical knowledge through research of emerging technologies in order to recommend technologies that will enhance the business intelligence and IT data management in line with industry standards and cost efficiencies.
- Develop and execute test plans to check the business intelligence and IT data management performance, report findings, and make recommendations for improvement if required.
- Participate in the root cause, problem and solution analysis of business intelligence and IT data management solutions post-implementation to ensure high performance
- Collaborates with the Head of PMO to review project performance and identify opportunities for improvement in data management, integration and duplication.
- Develop and implement standards and processes for ensuring data quality
- External IT Service Providers
- Liaise with external service providers and review the quality of deliverables to ensure the services provided are aligned to our set standards and expectations
- Support in evaluating the services of external service providers to support sourcing and appointing appropriate IT business intelligence and data management support
- IT Security
- Collaborate to ensure implementation and management of IT security systems and disaster recovery plans.
The Successful Applicant
- A minimum of 10 -12 years of progressively responsible experience in a directly related area, during which both professional and management capabilities have been clearly demonstrated.
- Extensive expertise in Oracle/MySQL database, as well as data modeling, both logical and physical
- Demonstrated experience or working knowledge of an Enterprise architecture tool, such as: Orbus iServer, Sparx EA or IBM Rational
What's on Offer
Great career prospects with a fantastic investment to technology.
Added benefit of working in a multinational environment with the benefit of a tax free salary in the UAE.