You are here
Executive Director - Strategy & Policy - Free Zones
Fantastic opportunity to help develop the strategy and policies of free zones
Must have strategic experience and strong knowledge of government policies
About Our Client
A government organisation with a fantastic work culture, collaborating with public and private organisations across Dubai for a number of interesting initiatives.
- Develop the division strategy in line with the functional strategy to ensure vertical alignment and horizontal integration with other interfacing departmental strategies across the organisation.
- Develop and deploy department policies, procedures and controls covering all areas of department activity so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service to the organisation.
- Consolidate and recommend the Industry Strategy Development budget, and monitor financial performance versus the budget so that the business is aware of anticipated costs/revenues, areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified and potential areas of cost reduction or performance improvement opportunities are capitalised upon.
- Monitor and report the regulatory environment both within and outside the Free Zones, review, lobby and make recommendations on regulations (both industry-specific and in general) in order to attract new and retain existing companies.
- Identify economic impact metrics, develop a performance measurement framework (e.g., methodology, data source, custodians, frequency) and set targets in order to monitor economic development and growth.
- Develop short- and long-term Economic Development Strategy, as well as the gathering of information and preparation of analytical studies, reports, and recommendations to achieve such goals
- Encourage and engage in blue-sky thinking to identify new sectors that have high economic impact potential and are aligned with the Dubai Strategic Plan.
- Lead and participate in the formulation of a long-term strategic development programme for new sectors, comprising the vision, mission, value proposition, KPIs, strategic initiatives, proposed governance (e.g., new Council), implementation plan, economic impact etc
The Successful Applicant
- A Bachelor's Degree, preferably in business or economics; Master's degree is preferred
- A minimum of 10+ years of experience in a top strategy consulting firm or a corporate strategy role with at least 5 years of management experience
- Solid knowledge of relevant central and local government policy and processes, and the roles of local and regional agencies
- Experience in leading the development of major policies and strategies in the government sector is an advantage
- Experience in target setting, key performance indicators and basic economic modelling
- Knowledge in one of the relevant sectors (e.g. Media, ICT) is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to build and manage relationships
What's on Offer
This very exciting, key role will pay an attractive salary with great benefits to the successful candidate.