You are here
Financial Controller - Riyadh
Growing company within leading sector
About Our Client
My client is a developing and highly regarded commercial business, partnering with both consumer and business segments across KSA with JV partnerships with some of the most globally recognisable brands.
Responsible for the leadership and management of the accounting and control functions of the Company. This includes operational accounting, payroll, fixed asset accounting, receivables, accounts payables, financial systems and any special projects.
- Design and implement controls as necessary to address financial reporting and asset misappropriation risks. Continuously monitor and review processes to address inefficiencies and inaccuracies
- Responsible for accurately maintaining the general ledger including timely month-end close & issuance of monthly financial statements.
- Ensure compliance with Policies and Procedures and monitor expenses against budget for cost controlling.
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting including Reconciliation of Purchases with Customs records and other schedules for Department of Zakat and Income Tax.
- Provide details of Sales and Purchases for the Monthly / Quarterly preparation of VAT return.
Responsible to provide leadership, coaching and mentoring to develop the accounting team and develop technical and leadership qualities in direct reports.
- Ensure that the Accounting team is adequately staffed, qualified and trained to perform their duties and meeting their objectives and responsibilities.
- Train Team members to work effectively with established processes;
- Ensure improved communication and coordination among the team members to improve team efficiency.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Financial Controller to be based in Riyadh will be:
- Professionally Qualified (ACCA, ACA or equivalent)
- KSA National (strong preference)
- 7+ years of Accounting, Controlling and Compliance experience within Corporate and Operational finance
- 3+ years of management experience (evidence of mentoring and development of junior staff will be requested)
- ERP implementation experience (preferably SAP)
- Experienced in process improvement and implementing new processes/ procedures across the business
What's on Offer
The Financial Controller with receive a competitive market package with standard KSA benefits. This person will be given the development opportunity to succeed the Finance Director in the future.