You are here
Head of International Audit - Bank
- Excellent opportunity to work with an established bank with global operations
- Opportunity to gain international corporate experience
About Our Client
Our client is an established Commercial Bank with Global operations. They are looking for a Head of International Audit with experience in the Internal Audit function.
The Head of International Audit is responsible to plan and direct the strategic management, supervision, control and effectiveness of international audit policy and practice across the bank, providing insight and independent advice to the Chief Internal Auditor. Additional responsibilities:
- Direct the development and seek approval for the annual internal audit plan from Chief Internal Auditor in line with risk based planning process Develop and implement an effective and robust audit framework, identify and evaluate the risks to the Bank arising from its internal and external operating environment, through audit findings, assessment, evaluation, research and provides opinions and viable solutions
- Provide strategic direction to the international audit function in line with bank's overall strategy and policy framework in order to drive and deliver good corporate governance across the bank.
- Plan, develop and implement audit infrastructure to ensure the appropriate deployment of audit resources to conduct audit of those auditable entities which prose proportionately greater risk to the bank
- Direct, monitor and control all audit activity across the international locations to ensure compliance with internal policy, identify and act on areas of non-compliance and to ensure that the bank operates in accordance with the expectations of all of its stakeholders including its shareholders and global regulators.
- Review existing Bank policies, processes and practices in order to identify issues of non-compliance, in order to take corrective action and to protect the best interests of the bank
- Maintain effective relationship with external auditors, supporting the timely submission of required information and providing insight as required to ensure smooth conduct of external audits
- Keeping the Chief Internal Auditor abreast of developments and trends in internal auditing practices and give recommendations for necessary revisions in audit policy, and briefing on significant findings of audit assignments carried out by the bank in order to enhance bank's effectiveness and mitigate the vulnerability to risk
- Recruit, motivate, train and develop staff with the capabilities and potential required to deliver a robust internal audit framework at the bank
The Successful Applicant
- 12-15 years of progressively more responsible experience in the internal audit function of a large and complex commercial bank
- Undergraduate degree in business administration, economics or engineering as a minimum.
- Mobility is essential as 50% plus of executing the role includes travelling to countries with client' operations
- MBA or a professional audit certification (CIA) is advantageous.
What's on Offer
Tax-free compensation package with an opportunity to lead the audit function of an established commercial bank.