You are here
Head of Logistics (3PL) - UAE based
Have you managed distribution centres as well as logistics functions?
Have you managed relationships with 3rd party logistics providers?
About Our Client
Market leader in logistics services with major developments in the food distribution and freight industries. Having experienced significant growth over the last few years our client are looking to recruit a passionate, results focused and operations minded individual to join their award winning and successful management team.
Our client believes that innovation is key to success of their business/ brand therefore look to recruit the best talent in the local market that can contribute to both existing and future visions of their business whilst ensuring quality remains in place at all times.
- Accurate costing and communicating with the Finance Department about all rate changes.
- Coordinating with senior members of JAFZA, DP World, Dubai Customs, Environment Health & Safety and all other authorities to ensure compliance with statutory obligations.
- Prepare regular and timely operational reports regarding warehousing activities, expired goods, warehousing activities, sample and promotion items, expired goods, and stock control.
- Supervise, organize, and direct warehouse staff activities. Control daily warehouse expenses.
- Monitor and assess the performance of warehouse staff, develop their training and development plans in coordination with HR department.
- Maintain an up-to-date list of all company vehicles. Tracks performance of fleet i.e. cost, repair, preventive maintenance quality, unscheduled breakdowns etc. Coordinate and follow-up on all vehicles services scheduling requirements with responsible departments.
- Be the local resource regarding fleet vehicles selection criteria and specifications, dealerships/agencies, cost of purchase vs. leases.
- Compliance with all legal requirements (Ministry of Health; Department of Health; Municipality and Food Control Authority etc.) in the assigned DC.
The Successful Applicant
Key Qualifications and Job Requirements
- Hold both Logistics & Commercial Management skill sets.
- Should combining "hands-on" operational track record and strong strategic skills
- Significant multi-national / multi-cultural experience, working experience in Middle East preferred
- At least 5 years of DC or warehouse management experience; additional supply chain experience is welcomed.
- Strong commercial relationship within UAE is a must.
- Strong collaboration skills and demonstrated strengths managing across boundaries (internal and external)*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.
What's on Offer