You are here
Head of Supply Chain
Head of Supply Chain (Jewellery)
Luxury diamond retailer
About Our Client
Our client is a leading luxury diamond retailer, with a portfolio based in the gold & diamond park in the Middle East, with over 50 years of experience. The group is well established with a vast number of stores in the Middle East. The group sells its own branded products, in addition to several regional and global brands.
In charge of executing production allocation, assortment strategies, optimize store level assortments, and achieve store inventory plans. The successful candidate should organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines, have good problem-solving skills and should demonstrate, collaboration, positive teamwork and change management skills.
- Forecast sales, margin and inventory at an in-house collection level based on changes in trend, strategy or sales
- Position 'brand mapping' which facilitates cost-effective stock utilization, focusing on brand lead-time and optimal, sales-sensitive inventory for each store.
- Conduct independent pricing reviews regularly in order to validate and challenge product pricing strategy.
- Collaborate with the brand team in order to understand and plan for product life cycles and the impact on in-house and international brand collections
- Collaborate with the retail team in order to ensure that regional consumer trends and preferences are an integral component of the inventory map for each store
- Develop and present weekly and seasonal merchandise financial plans in accordance with company goals, past performance and market trend analysis
- Develop and provide appropriate business analysis to influence future inventory selection and assortment strategies.
- Recap and analyse actual sales results versus plan, and forecast in-season sales and inventories on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis in order to create buying and change forecasts.
- Actively participate in business review meetings with cross-functional teams including: retail, brand, procurement, manufacturing, etc, to highlight current business trends, identify and take measures for risks and opportunities.
- Review all brand mapping 'shifts' that affect in-house collections
- Understand the impact of new or refurbished stores and map inventory accordingly
- Understand the impact of promotional activity yearly, and adjust inventory levels and selling margin accordingly.
- Develop a unified relationship with retail, marketing, visual merchandising and training to ensure consistent communication and effective deployment
- Manage and drive key Inventory projects and initiatives
- Analyze inventory movement data to determine risk and recommend actions for liquidation.
- Continually review existing processes and evaluate for short and long-terms plans to improve profitability and results.
- Implement new policies and procedures to facilitate sustainable continuous improvement.
- Effectively execute and manage every element of the inventory process.
- Lead and influence a successful and experienced inventory and supply chain team.
- Prepare a monthly dashboard which summarises KPI's and future action plans
- Prepare frequent reports regarding market conditions and products costs.
The Successful Applicant
**It is essential that you have experience with Jewellery, Diamonds or Watches to apply**
Key Qualifications and Job Requirements
- 5+ years' experience in the jewellery / diamond / watches industry at mid to senior management level
- 5 - 7 years' experience as a retail/wholesale merchandise planner
- Post graduate in business / or relevant qualifications
- Demonstrates logical analysis and problem solving skills.
- Able to understand financial measurements and how to impact them.
- Proficient with MS Office applications
- Demonstrates strong business acumen, 'street-smarts' and an in-depth understanding of retail and the luxury consumer goods environment.
What's on Offer