You are here
Internal Management Consultant (6 Month Extendable Contract)
- Fantastic opportunity to join one of the most prestigious UAE organisations
- Must have experience with a top tier management consultancy, ideally Euro/US
About Our Client
This is a leading UAE organisation with numerous exciting projects and opportunities across the whole operation. They are consistently investing in new initiatives and resources, as well as constant improvements and enhancements with a clear direction of only securing the best talent available on the market to help deliver the vision and build for the future.
- Support the project initiation and set up processes including getting approvals adhering to the governance and framework in place.
- Support the coordination of all resources on the project, interface with departments and all stakeholders and support in the successful execution of the project.
- Develop detailed project documents required prior to the project start as well as continued management and updates, such as: project plans, project charter and terms of reference, cost benefit analysis, risk/issue/dependency logs, budget, resourcing plans…etc.
- Provide supporting guidance and oversight to key project workstreams and members through data analyses, storyboarding, issue resolution, decision making support, administrative support, conducting detailed project reviews and managing stakeholder presentations.
- Provide quality assurance support by reviewing outputs and alignment across different project workstreams and dependencies/assumptions.
- Provide analytical support in complex problem-solving and modeling of solutions.
- Assist project teams in conducting a cost benefit analysis at each milestone in the project to take a go forward decision.
- Facilitate meetings and discussions, with follow ups to ensure appropriate actions and decisions are taken.
- Guide the project teams in effectively conducting reviews covering project schedules, delays, variance analyses and risks.
- Facilitate higher collaboration between cross functional teams and support regular communication updates to strategic stakeholders.
- Monitor the progress of the project, budget status and risks with regular communication of updates and escalations to the appropriate stakeholders/committees.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree, Master degree or above from internationally respected university/schools
- 4-8 years' work experience with top tier strategy management consulting or in-house internal consulting team (with combination of external strategy management consulting experience) with focus on financial services industry, with preference for investment/asset management sector
- Track record in delivery across the whole lifecycle of major non-IT business change projects from strategy development through to delivering/implementing the change - particularly on strategic transformational change
- Experience across a broad range of business management problem and issue agendas such as regulatory, cost optimisation, process improvements, sourcing, target operating model, strategy development… etc
- Be familiar and have experience of applying strategic/analytical/problem solving frameworks
- Experience in working and contracting with external third parties
- Experience in business development (e.g. proposal development and client discussion from external management consulting perspective)
- Ability to self-manage
- Intellectual curiosity, learning capability, focus on effectiveness
- Excellent presentation and writing skills - PowerPoint / Word output with high quality of outputs and verbal articulation
- Good experience of other productivity tools (e.g. Excel, MS Project)
- Highly logical and structured in thinking and structuring problem solving
- Highly intelligent and quick to assimilate new information
- Maturity to deal with senior stakeholders
- Hard working with high level of attention to detail and precision
- Adaptable and comfortable to work on a wide range of activities, from the basic project management activities through to developing insightful options and recommendations to senior leadership
What's on Offer
This very exciting, key role will pay an attractive salary with fantastic prospects for extensions and potentially even a permanent role with excellent benefits.