You are here
IT Audit Manager - Consulting Background - Professionally Cert.
Exciting opportunity to manage IT auditing for a fantastic company
Must have a professional certification and external consulting experience
About Our Client
This is very well established and successful organisation, instantly recognisable in the UAE who are going through very exciting changes across their entire technology and digital landscape. The focus is now on bringing in the very best talent for any roles across the technology functions.
- Perform information control reviews to include Systems and Applications, Information Processing Facilities, Systems Development, Information Security, and Enterprise Architecture and Client/Server, Telecommunications, and Backups and Disaster Recovery.
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls in IT installations, computerised systems, local area networks, database systems, technical support, systems maintenance, and related IT processes.
- Analyse Information Security and IT technical problems in the context of business objectives and recommend practical solutions.
- Generate innovative ideas and challenge the status quo. Promote efficient practices by recommending improvements in processing capability, user interface, and security designs.
- Assist the Director, Internal Audit in developing and maintaining the IT Annual Risk Assessment and Annual IT Audit Plan.
- Prepare internal audit program for the assigned audit project to provide assurance that the following aligned towards the achievement of overall corporate objectives as stated in the Internal Audit Charter:
- Resources are economically and effectively utilised and safeguarded;
- Reliability and integrity of information provided to Senior Management;
- Adequate system of internal control, risk management and corporate governance within different business units / functional departments;
- Compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that audit assignments are conducted in accordance with the International Auditing Standards and Professional Code of Ethics, providing real time supervision and review of audit work performed during fieldwork.
- Demonstrate effective time management skills by ensuring that audit work is completed within time budgets and calendar schedules while handling multiple jobs and maximise productivity.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with business unit / department management throughout the audit process with regard to developing a mutually effective audit work schedule, conducting audit status meetings, and leading the entrance and exit conferences.
- Produce a draft and final audit report within the agreed timeframe and present the findings of that report to the auditee ensuring that audit findings are transparent and are fully supported with evidence.
The Successful Applicant
- University graduate in Accounting/Finance/ Information Technology/ MIS or related professional qualification.
- CIA, CISA, CISSP or CISM or other equivalent qualification.
- Minimum 8 - 10 years of professional experience in the auditing field (Experience in Big4 will be given strong preference).
- 3 - 4 years must be held in supervisory/managerial role.
- Experience in testing General IT Controls, Information Security, Change Management, Data Centre, Network Operations and Application Level Controls.
- Extensive knowledge of IT infrastructure design and operation including networks.
- Technical knowledge in Internet Security, infrastructure, servers, and network devices (routers, switches, firewalls).
- Experience in conducting information security assessments.
- Sufficient knowledge and understanding of COBIT and ITIL guidance framework.
- Understanding of key database technologies.
- Experience auditing in an ERP environment (Oracle).
- Experience in data analysis using ACL/SQL/Excel
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
- Knowledge of auditing concepts and principles.
- Strong technical and/or management background in technical systems/environments.
- Strong critical thinking.
- Ability to solve problems and propose solutions.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrate ability to write comprehensive technical reports in a clear and concise manner.
- Multitasking and Time Management skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of working with TeamMate.
What's on Offer
This fantastic opportunity pays a generous salary and excellent company benefits to the successful candidate.