You are here
IT Support Manager
IT Support Manager - Microsoft stack
Global Legal organisation
About Our Client
Global Legal brand undergoing a merger to become one of the largest globally.
- Analyses and resolves customer technical problems involving multiple technologies and platforms.
- Explore, test, and implement new IT solutions and services as required, with the goal of standardization.
- Participate and advise in the definition of desktop and applications standards, images, processes, and policy governance to improve technical services.
- Participate in project work as required, including non-business hour deployments (e.g. nights and weekends)
- To effectively use the ticket logging system, ensuring that the ticket is updated with qualitative information and closed in accordance with internal IT procedures and within defined SLA's
- Review the service desk incident/request ticket to determine exactly what desk-side support services are needed, including but not limited to:
- Troubleshooting application/network/telephony issues
- Installation of new machines/move existing machines
- Add new hardware/software component to an existing machine
- Change existing hardware/software component in a machine
- Remove/decommission inventory
- Perform Hardware refresh activities
- Firmware updates on equipment
- Backing up required hard drive files
- Restoring user data
- Adhering to processes and procedures
- Maintaining stock levels alongside Procurement
- Responsibility for inventory and asset management
- Mobile phones setup and user coaching
- Provide additional support to client and internal meeting rooms and AV if required.
- Flagging any IT security or regulatory issues arising in your jurisdictions to the Security Manager.
- IT induction training and familiarisation for new users.
- Provide hands/eyes assistance with any AV/Datacentre related issues.
- Flexibility to travel as required.
- Assisting in office moves.
- Out of hours support (as required).
- Participate in regular team meetings.
- Advise and coach junior members of staff.
The Successful Applicant
- Superior written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with a strong dedication to customer service.
- Must demonstrate consistent commitment to supporting teamwork within the group.
- Proven proactive problem-solving skills and ability to work under stress and time pressure, required.
- Proven ability to organize/coordinate workload independently among constant deadlines and shifting priorities.
- The ability to work with end users at all levels of the organization are crucial to the success of an individual in this position.
- Evidence of flexibility and commitment.
- Risk and IT cyber security aware.
- Problem solver.
- Tact, discretion and diplomacy.
- Ability to analyse problems and recommend / implement solutions.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong analysis and decision making skills with keen attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Experience working in multicultural organisations / teams.
What's on Offer
Stability in this newly created role. Great career prospects working with one of the largest legal firms in the world.