You are here
AED28,000 - AED36,000 per month (AED336,000 - AED432,000)
- Amazing Opportunity for mid level Corporate/Commercial Lawyer
- Fantastic International Brand
About Our Client
My Client is a leading International retailer headquartered in Dubai. They are a dynamic organisation with inspirational leaders.
- Provide analysis and counsel to Management on legal issues related to corporate matters, trade licenses and other operational matters.
- Draft and vet legal contracts and agreements entered with external parties, alliance / joint venture partners, Government / Municipal authorities and other third party entities.
- Anticipate and guard against legal risks facing the company.
- Ensure proper documentation and undertake vetting of agreements in cases of mergers and acquisitions.
- Provide advice and assistance so that the company interests are protected on matters relating to Trademarks, Copyrights, Hallmarking, Intellectual Property rights and Patents.
- Supervise Arabic translations for official internal/external communication and to government agencies.
- Represent the Company individually or through external lawyers/legal consultants in cases of litigations / arbitrations or other cases which may have legal implications as advised from time to time.
- Supervision and assistance in the formulation of legal documents like Articles of Associations, Memorandum of Understandings, Power of Attorney, etc.
- Routine interactions with the Government Agencies, Ministries, Police Department etc for matters related to official business.
- Conduct and/or manage resolution of disputes including drafting or reviewing settlement agreements, documenting the resolution of such disputes and responding or reviewing responses or reviewing responses of all complaints or demand letters from legal counsels representing customers or other parties, including appearing before courts and administrative tribunals as required from time to time.
- Provide counsel and advice on personnel, employment, labour and related issues.
- Work in partnership with the Finance Division to implement the planned and approved strategy for recovery and collection of dues; report progress of recovery on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Review existing legal documentation of the Legal Department, and assist the General Counsel in reorganizing and implementing legal document management systems where all Legal information of the company is accessible and accounted for.
- Templates and know-how: assist the General Counsel in developing best practice in-house legal templates for regularly used documents (for example POA's, general terms and conditions, contract termination notices etc), as well as develop procedural checklists and step-by-step legal guides,
- Ensure audit queries are complied with.
- Perform any other task as assigned by the General Counsel and Company Secretary.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidiate will be:
- have excellent communication - both Arabic and English.
- have 3-8 years experience within a reputable Private Practice or a strong corporate.
- Ability to work independently, manage tight deadlines and thrive in a high-pressure, fast-paced and constantly changing and evolving environment.
- Mature and reliable, with a pro-active, practical, solution-based work ethic.
- Demonstrate the highest levels of ethics, integrity and discretion.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- Multi-tasking abilities.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent knowledge in local, regional and international laws.
- Strong analytical, numerical, interpersonal, facilitation and communication skills.
- Innovative, with the ability to adapt to change, champion and embrace new ideas and follow them through to implementation stage in order to continually improve the operations of the Legal department.
What's on Offer
An attractive salary and benefits package is on offer to the successful candidiate.