You are here
Legal Translation Specialist
Arabic and English fluent speaker, legal background. Multinational exposure.
Proofread, edit, revise translated documents. Good grasp on confidentially
About Our Client
Leading regional business.
- Primarily translating highly confidential business documents for GCEO Office.
- Convert business concepts communicated verbally or in written form from the source language to the equivalent concepts in the target language, e.g. English to Arabic or vice versa. Render the delivery of translated written information accurately, promptly and clearly.
- Compile information such as technical terms used by the Legal department into glossaries and terminology databases to be used in translations within the organisation. Ensure the integrity of information is adequately maintained by relaying the style and tone of the original language during translations.
- Proofread, edit and revise translated documents to meet specified business requirements. Prepare translation summaries of legal documents to applicable language for implementation by user department.
- Ensure and maintain integrity of information for computer-assisted translations. Localisation or adaptation of text for a product or service or legal document to ensure understanding of technical information by end users.
- Maintain or duplicate the structure and style of the original document in terms of meaning and accuracy without losing ideas and facts. Ensure efficient record management is in place within the team to maintain adequate document control, tracking and tracing of documents and files.
- Support the Legal Advisors with the interpretation and translation of documents from source to target languages. Also support the Legal department in handling Legal notices on behalf of the company.
- Translate press releases from English to Arabic and vice versa where required ensuring integrity of concepts and technical information. Monitor newsfeeds, notifications, for the Enterprise Risk Management team and the Compliance team in target language to communicate need for action as required. Review Arabic print and social media for key reports for Management information.
- Assist other departments and subsidiaries in providing them with translations and reviewing texts, as determined by CLCO and Legal Advisor.
Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
- Take responsibility for own ongoing personal development and growth of expertise.
- Keep abreast with any market trends and developments
- Assist in the response to any emergency or a major operational disruption affecting the company's or its subsidiaries, including support of the company's Special Assistance Program.
Train Qatari staff in various duties as per business requirements.
Ensure full awareness of work health and safety requirements and expectations in order to minimise health and safety risks for self and colleagues.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, security, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the operation to guarantee employee safety, security, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality service with a responsible environmental attitude.
Take a direct and personal interest in reported injuries, incidents, near misses and hazards to ensure that appropriate reporting, investigation and response is being achieved.
Environmental Competencies Apply:
- Contribute towards company's Group Environmental Objectives and targets and the implementation and maintenance of the Environmental Management System.
Apply environmental knowledge and principles in your role, and incorporate this into business processes and decision making, to drive efficiencies and reduce environmental and operational risks.
The Successful Applicant
- Relevant College or University qualification to min Bachelor's level or equivalent Essential
- Previous Experience:
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience
- 10 years' experience in Translation. Preferred
- Experience in translating to level documents for management and public and Legal dissemination. Background in Legal and Law.
- Job Specific Skills: Essential
- Command of English and Arabic language.
- Ability to interpret between the two languages quickly.
- High attention to detail.
- Manage tasks within time frames.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Fully knowledgeable about the company as the role involves liaising with key legal stakeholders.
- Ability to prepare legal Q&A in writing in Arabic based on GCEO transcripts.
Experience of working within a Legal environment.
What's on Offer
18-22 000 QAR package