You are here
Operations Director (3PL)
Have you worked for a 3PL?
Have you got experience at GM/ Director/Head of level for a 3PL or Distribution
About Our Client
Owned by a $1bn holding company, this market leading 3PL business with a solid customer base, made up of multinational brands is currently looking for an Operations Director to manage both logistics & warehousing and to drive sales / business development for new key customers.
- Drive continuous improvement programs across the DCs
- Drive business development, supporting with brining on new clients through existing relationships and networking to utilize the large capacity of the Warehouse / Logistics capabilities of this business.
- Assess the integration of 3PL partners across the DCs and packing centres across the zones
- Leading the development of a detailed and standard picking solutions menu for the zones
- Partnering with supply planning and customer care to drive a step change in customer service
- To prepare yearly business plans & budgets for all logistics activities for UAE.
- To determine overall working practices to establish & continuously monitor logistics operations within the department.
- To be responsible for the efficiency of all distribution stores.
- To continuously investigate and propose more efficient and cost saving ways of distributing products to stores. Providing Finance the detailed monthly analysis of Sales and each Warehouse Utilization.
- Recommends to GM disciplinary actions re poor performers, and promotions to GM for deserving employees.
- Assist sales department in calculating storage cost by providing the required foot prints / area especially the floor storage requirements.
- To monitor Third Party performance against set criteria as per agreed standards, recommends continued use of contractors.
- Establish and maintain strong and long term relationships with existing accounts, identify opportunities and develop strategies for market growth within KSA
- Implementing value creation programs like Labour Management Systems etc.
The Successful Applicant
- Western educated
- Have a track record in KSA from another 3PL
- Hold both Logistics & Commercial Management skill sets.
- Should combining "hands-on" operational track record and strong strategic skills
- Significant multi-national / multi-cultural experience, working experience in Middle East preferred
At least 10 years of DC or warehouse management experience; additional supply chain experience is welcomed.
Strong commercial relationship within KSA is a must.
Strong collaboration skills and demonstrated strengths managing across boundaries (internal and external.
Excellent communicator with strong negotiation and relationship management skills. Both target/customer oriented. High level of autonomy and integrity.
Knowledge depth in change management and Lean Management Tools are preferred
- Strong, decisive leader with effective interpersonal skills and strong background in business development. ·
What's on Offer
To be disclosed later.