You are here
Packaging Technologist - Furniture
Fantastic opportunity to be part of a leading UAE employer
Must have experience in packaging for furniture.
About Our Client
Our client a leading UAE company is looking to bring on board their new Packaging Technologist to help drive the business forward.
- Review, check and approve the technical specification of packaging, document it and ensure that the packaging of furniture products meet set requirements and specifications
- Create / update the existing packaging guideline off furniture products.
- Identification of packaging supplier across China regions for our product ranges and implements a successful packaging procurement process.
- Have a process of consumer / internal customer feedback on packaging and action the same
- Ensure to follow a clear and proper planning / research before initiating the development of any packaging. Need to spend time in visiting competition / market study for packaging development inputs
- Need to be flexible enough to create variations in structural packaging so that it differentiates the tiers of products we have within a category
- Liaising with buying, product supplier and packaging Supplier
- Checking packaging for suitability and testing for performance under various conditions
- Problem solving on packaging materials, design and production process
- Documentation on things related to packaging standards, costing, testing results etc.
- Keeping up-to-date with technological innovations
The Successful Applicant
- Engineering or Post Graduate in packaging / printing / design courses
- 8 to 10 years of relevant experience in packaging (for furniture)
- Expertise on packaging design software's (creative suite package etc.)
- Depth knowledge on China markets and its supplier base
- Should be an expert on the packaging procurement.
- Possess great problem solving skills
- Knowledge on pre, printing and post printing operations
- Good team player
- Excellent communication skills
What's on Offer