You are here
PMO Director - Government Organisation
- Fantastic opportunity to set up a PMO for a government organisation
- Must be hands-on project manager with extensive executive stakeholder experience
About Our Client
A government with a fantastic work culture, collaborating with public and private organisations across Dubai for a number of interesting initiatives.
- Establish the PMO role and operating model (e.g. centralised or decentralised and areas of focus)
- Set standards for project management capabilities - certifications and qualifications of project managers (e.g. PMP), methodologies, success measurement (e.g. earned value measurement, which integrates measures of scope, schedule and costs to forecast project performance), and tools (e.g. Microsoft Excel or Project to create Gantt charts, which summarise a project schedule timeline and events)
- Create a "Centre of Excellence" to develop project management practitioners and the function, sharing knowledge and industry best practices
- Monitor compliance with policies and standards
- Track and provide project status and audit reports
- Manage the risk, issue and change resolution process and work with other leaders to take corrective action as necessary
- Oversee Project Managers for the delivery of projects/programs on time, within scope and on budget
- Coordinate the project prioritisation process to provide executive leaders with the information they need to assess which proposals have the highest potential value, impact and strategic alignment
- Interface regularly with executive leaders to define project priorities and implementation opportunities and challenges
- leaders up-to-date with project opportunities and risks
- Support the project pipeline by managing resource availability, capacity, and skill sets
The Successful Applicant
- Master or college graduate in either computer science, or Business MBA, or Technology.
- Professional association with Project management institute (PMI)
- Program Management Professional (PgMP)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- More than +10 years of experience as a Senior Project Manager
- Proven track record of successful project delivery, an ability to improve project management
- Must have significant experience working with C-level stakeholders in both government and private sector organisations.
What's on Offer
This very exciting, key role will pay an attractive salary with great benefits to the successful candidate.