You are here
Procurement Manager - Lubricants
- Fantastic opportunity to work with a leading global multinational organization.
- Lubricant procurement experience or have worked for a large energy business.
About Our Client
This is a leading organisation with operations around the world and an advanced quality portfolio within the energy business and are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help shape the face of their business for the future.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with business stakeholders, providing a key point of contact for ME stakeholders, routinely assessing their satisfaction and developing improvement opportunities
- Oversee the delivery of Lubricant category sourcing, post award supplier integration market intelligence and analytical support to the supply market segment sourcing teams, in ME ensuring this activity takes place in accordance with corporate policies and processes, defined governance and delegations of authority
- Oversee the provision of procurement data, knowledge management and systems/process transformation activities in the ME
- Ensure that all activities meet the organisations standards of business ethics; contract compliance standards; risk management expectations; HSSE requirements and minimise reputational risks.
- Represent procurement personally or with delegated team member at all required LBM meetings, to ensure shortage/lengthening of supply markets and effects on available feed stock is understood and managed in production planning. Arrange for key segment team to attend when required.
- Ensure relationships with the ME stakeholders are fostered and the perception of the value of Lubricant procurement is measured and improved over time
- Local lead to ensure successful roll out of all initiatives to improve compliance, process and LBM interfaces for procurement to best in Class, including: Contract content and repository management, process gaps and improvement projects, compliance and channel management, reporting and continuous improvement feedback of breaches, performance cascades and activity reporting and communication management
- Evaluate commercial and business fundamentals and drivers of the wider lubricants business in ME and also those fundamentals from the perspective of a manufacturer.
The Successful Applicant
- Science or Business Degree essential, Master's degree or MBA is a plus
- Experience in Supply Chain management, Manufacturing, Technology or Business Management a plus
- Experience dealing with ME suppliers/companies and direct line management
- Strategic thinker, combined with a bias for action.
- Excellent leadership skills, specifically showing a wide range of interpersonal skills applicable in different situations with staff, internal peers and external contacts.
- Expert communication and presentation skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent networking skills, a federal and open style.
- Ability to work well under pressure with competing priorities and ambiguity. A sound understanding of commercial and business fundamentals and drivers of the wider lubricants business in ME and also those fundamentals from the perspective of a manufacturer.
- Excellent negotiation skills, understanding of strategic supplier/customer dynamics/relationships.
What's on Offer
In addition to driving forward exciting initiatives within a great company, this fantastic opportunity is paying an attractive tax-free salary with good benefits for the successful candidate.