You are here
Project Manager - Design
An Instrumental role in the overall management and co-ordination of design
Deliver all key gateways in accordance with the development brief
About Our Client
Our client is one of the fastest growing real estate and property developers of the UAE. Our client owns a large and high value asset portfolio and land bank in the UAE and its current projects are amongst the largest high end development projects in Dubai.
With a focus on growing into the Mixed Use and Hospitality properties, our client is looking for committed senior professionals from the real estate market to help them build this success.
This would be a perfect opportunity for someone looking to enhance their career by working in a stable but rapidly growing organization.
Pre-Development Design and Master-planning Activities;
- Assist the development team in establishing the design and development briefs for the development, including the overall masterplan, the functional criteria, outline concept design and financial performance of the development
- Ensure that an accurate and robust set of site wide Urban Design Guidelines and plot/block design guidelines/control documents are maintained for the overall masterplan
- Support the appointment of appropriate consultant teams to assist with the development as necessary and develop design through staged gateway sign offs.
- Manage the evolution of the master-plan ensuring internal and external approvals
- Assist the development team with the planning, consents. permits and other regulatory applications for consent
- Assist the development team with discussions with appropriate outside groups who may influence the development or construction including any Tenant, Purchaser or Fund, JV Partner,
- Development partner, adjoining owner, environmental group, archaeological department, statutory undertaker
- Assist and Advise the Development team in the negotiation of tenant leases ensuring detailed landlord and tenant obligations are clearly understood, costed and analyzed. Ensure any specific landlord obligations are incorporated into the landlords design.
- Ensure necessary Building regulation/permit applications and in particular building regulation waivers are obtained
Arrange, attend and if necessary chair design team, policy, progress and other appropriate liaison meetings.
Development Feasibility and Cost Control
- Assist the Development team in establishing budgets for the development.
- Assist the development team in the preparation of any financial appraisal and feasibility studies relating to the development and ensure that design teams are appropriately briefed in line with cost planning objectives.
Assist the development team with the assembly and maintenance of a project Risk register
Ø Support the development team as required with the procurement of design consultants, specialist consultants and contractors as appropriate including participating in tender analysis and recommendations
Detailed Design, Construction and Development Delivery
- Support the Project Development teams to develop the detailed design and production of construction information ensuring concept and schematic design intent is protected.
Support the development team with managing and procuring any Approved Employers Change requirements using an agreed Change order process ensuring development team approval in line with the development appraisal and board approved sums
Handover, Post Construction and Project Close
- Support the development team in co-ordinating the handover of all building and development sections
- Ensure lessons learnt workshops and documentation is prepared and made available for the benefit of future projects
The Successful Applicant
- International work experience
- Experience of leading, managing and motivating a team (both internally and external consultants etc.) on multi projects or large and complex projects
- Experience of managing budgets and forecasting expenditure
- Experience of key project processes such as design principals and management, construction processes, procurement and tendering
- Sound Knowledge of health and safety, contract law, environment and building regulations
- Excellent IT skills
- Effective communicator with excellent influencing and negotiating skills
- Ability to work in a pressurized environment
- Results and focused individual
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills using a flexible pragmatic approach
- Enthusiastic and able to inspire others
- Ability to adapt to and manage change
- Knowledge and understanding of Industry best practice
- Relevant professional qualifications
What's on Offer
An Attrative offer with benefits