You are here
Project Manager - eDirham - Banking IT
Fantastic opportunity to help drive a massive banking tech integration
Must have knowledge of eDirham banking processes and project management
About Our Client
Two of the largest and most established banks in the UAE are undergoing an exciting integration phase. With aspirations of securing the smoothest transition, they are looking to bring in the best talent available to carry out the transformation and development of systems.
- Conduct project performance reviews on all stakeholders of the eDirham projects
- Apply governance on all eDirham projects ensuring proper escalation matrix and reporting
- Managing and delivering the projects scope and scheduling program milestones by working closely with FAB -IMO, FAB -ITD, vendors and MoF (government)
- Manage the projects directly with STS (eDirham technology partner )
- Directly manage day to day activities of eDirham projects and look after the execution of the tasks.
- Able to coordinate with stakeholders (internal and external) efficiently and effectively and ensure proper follow ups. Escalate when necessary.
- Apply project management methodologies and ensure providing periodic reports.
- Manage a team structure to serve the project & implementation needs
- Leads Project teams throughout the project life cycle, including setting and controlling project parameters, producing detailed project plans, anticipating resource usage and availability, scheduling for optimum efficiency while maintaining project controls and managing team member contributions.
- Improve interaction with vendor support and implementation teams
- Ensures delivery of all projects within defined scope, quality, time and cost requirements
- Manages project plans and provides regular and ad hoc reports on project progress to the management including project progress reporting, financial performance reporting and resource usage.
- Develops, defines and executes project plans, project scope, activities, schedules, budgets, deliverables and outputs.
- Coordinates activities and tasks among project team members, other internal departments and client or vendor/subcontractor organizations as needed to meet project goals and ensure project completion is on schedule, within budget constraints, and of the appropriate quality standards for the project scope
- Manages project risks, issues/problems and activity progress to ensure project goals (e.g., deadline, budget, scope and quality) are achieved
- Manages the integration of vendor/subcontractor tasks, and track and review vendor/subcontractor deliverables, if appropriate for the project
- Ensures compliance with project management and other internal standards, processes and other requirements.
- Manages project changes as per established project change control processes.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's or Master's degree qualified
- 10+ years' experience working in Financial Projects
- Arabic Speaker
- Understanding of both functional and technical aspects of projects
- Proven track record of delivering projects as per agreed upon project parameters
- Bachelor's or Master's degree
- Significant knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) Design, Build, Testing
- Proven ability to manage stakeholders including business heads, functional heads and other senior managers
- Managing multi-location, multi-Vendor, distributed Teams including task allocation, monitoring, effective communication
- Significant experience in managing external vendors
- Significant experience in Banking and Financial Services exposure with good understanding of key banking systems.
- Familiarity with project performance monitoring principles and metrics.
- Good understanding of internationally accepted Project Management Principles, Methodologies and Practices
- PM Certifications such as Project Management Professional (PMP), Prince 2 Practitioner is preferred
- Strong Management and Leadership Skills
- Change Management
- Analytical ability and conceptual thinking
- Team player and collaborative
- Ability to establish strong working relationships at appropriate levels of authority
- Ability to work under pressure and willingness to go the extra mile to meet the project timelines/goals
What's on Offer
- Salary: 21,500 - 32,000 AED per month (dependent on experience)
- 12 month extendable contract
- Medical insurance, annual leave, staff benefits and relocation assistance for candidates outside of UAE (flight from current country to Abu Dhabi and 4+ star hotel accommodation for 14 nights for self only)