You are here
Project Manager - IT Integration
About Our Client
Two of the largest and most established banks in the UAE are undergoing an exciting integration phase. With aspirations of securing the smoothest transition, they are looking to bring in the best talent available to carry out the transformation and development of systems.
- Lead/ Co-ordinate VAT Project driving design, build, test and implementation related activities
- Build a team structure to serve the Project & implementation needs
- Improve interaction with vendor support and implementation teams
- Ensures delivery of all IT projects within defined scope, quality, time and cost requirements
- Manages project plans and provides regular and ad hoc reports on project progress to the management including project progress reporting, financial performance reporting and resource usage.
- Support Program managers in Developing, defining and executing project plans, project scope, activities, schedules, budgets, deliverables and outputs.
- Functions as a trusted IT advisor to business sponsors and stakeholders.
- Coordinates activities and tasks among project team members, other internal departments and client or vendor/subcontractor organizations as needed to meet project goals and ensure project completion is on schedule, within budget constraints, and of the appropriate quality standards for the project scope
- Supporting Program Managers in managing project risks, issues/problems and activity progress to ensure project goals (e.g., deadline, budget, scope and quality) are achieved
- Supporting Program Managers in managing the integration of vendor/subcontractor tasks, and track and review vendor/subcontractor deliverables, if appropriate for the project
- Ensures compliance with project management and other internal standards, processes and other requirements.
The Successful Applicant
- 10+ years of experience in Managing Technology Projects. Experience in the end-to-end delivery of projects including leading IT integration related initiatives within the Banking industry
- Implementation of VAT and other financial / Procurement projects
- Understanding of both functional and technical aspects of projects
- Proven track record of delivering projects as per agreed upon project parameters
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science/Information Technology
- Significant knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) Design, Build, Testing
- Proven ability to manage stakeholders including business heads, functional heads and other senior managers
- Managing multi-location, multi-Vendor, distributed Teams including task allocation, monitoring, effective communication
- Significant experience in managing external vendors
- Significant experience in Banking and Financial Services exposure with good understanding of key banking systems.
- Exposure to corporate banking migration projects will be an added advantage
- Familiarity with project performance monitoring principles and metrics.
- Good understanding of internationally accepted Project Management Principles, Methodologies and Practices
- Good handle on Project Planning tools such as MS Project. Visio, PowerPoint, Excel and Word
What's on Offer
- 12 month extendable contract
- Medical insurance, annual leave, staff benefits and relocation assistance for candidates outside of UAE