You are here
Reference Data Specialist - 12 Month FTC - Informatica DQ Exp
- Fantastic opportunity to join one of the most prestigious organisations in the
- Must have Data Quality Management Experience, Ideally with Informatica
About Our Client
This is one of the most prestigious organisations in the whole of the UAE with numerous exciting projects and opportunities across the whole operation. They are consistently investing in new initiatives and resources, as well as constant improvements and enhancements with a clear direction of only securing the best talent available on the market to help deliver the vision and build for the future.
The objective of the Data Management Department is to deliver, timely, high quality data to meet existing and new business requirements across the organisation. The timely capture and accuracy of the data elements that Data Management are responsible for underpins the information required for investment, risk, compliance, performance and accounting processes and reporting. The Reference Data team is a key unit that provides quality Reference data with quick turnaround across all systems.
- Create modify and enrich Reference, Parties and Instrument Data for all asset classes on request.
- Completion of daily/weekly and monthly reference data validation processes.
- Monitor and adhere to agreed procedures and standards and ensure that all data queries and errors are managed in a professional manner and appropriate steps are taken to mitigate future risks.
- Maintain detailed validation and control procedures for all asset types.
- Drive change, via process improvement initiatives in order to minimise operational risk.
- Testing of new systems/ products during design/implementations and upgrades.
- Support the administration of data governance processes around instrument, entity and core reference data.
- Provide Reference Data expertise and analytical support to department and company wide projects and initiatives.
- Effectively collaborate with external data vendors and internal partners, to ensure delivery of quality data, robust and cost effective solutions that meet stakeholder requirements.
- Participate in knowledge sharing initiatives and assist in the coaching and training of other team members.
- Promote an awareness of the changes taking place in the data landscape in the financial industry.
- Develop and maintain relevant KPI that provides input for process enhancement initiatives.
- Provide direct support to Manager on stakeholder engagement and team management responsibilities.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree educated with 3-7 years data management experience in a complex institution.
- Experience in supporting the implementation of best practices for data governance & data quality including data profiling on systems such as Informatica.
- Additional professional qualifications are desirable (e.g. FIA, CLARITAS, CFA)
- In depth knowledge and experience of investment market practices and financial data services across all asset classes including Equity, Fixed Income, Derivatives and OTC products.
- High levels of knowledge and expertise of data management disciplines and practises.
- Hands on work experience on performing data management activities using Enterprise Data Management solutions (e.g. AIM, Markit)
- In depth experience in maintaining data transformation rules, understanding its impact on downstream systems, analysing data for quality and reconciling issues, preferably in the data stewardship/quality space.
- Proficient in extracting, validating and uploading data across multiple systems.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and vendor's data functionality (e.g. Bloomberg, Reuters, Factset, Avox.)
- Track record of actively participating in tactical and strategic projects.
- Team player and willing to work shifts and additional hours when required.
What's on Offer
In addition to playing a key role in an incredibly prestigious organisation, this very exciting key role will pay an attractive salary with strong opportunities for longer term contract extensions.