You are here
Senior Data Analytics Officer - Data Models, Data Mining
- Fantastic opportunity to join an important, prestigious organisation to the UAE
- Must have extensive hands on data modelling, data mining and segmentation
About Our Client
We are working with an organisation in the UAE who provide a critical service to businesses and consumers alike. As a result of very exciting changes and developments across their Technology function, the new structure has created fantastic opportunities for ambitious professionals who want to make an impact.
- Supports Data Analytics Manager in executing the organisation Data Analytics Strategy and implement meaningful period information decks.
- Maintains data analytics practice with focus on the following main three areas:
- Data quality, to assess quality, integrity and schedule adherence of the data submitted by data providers
- Market analysis and trends, to develop benchmarking report and new analytics products for the market
- Internal management, to monitor internal operational and business KPIs at corporate level
- Executes and maintains data reports, develops new analytical reports based on the directive from Data Analytics Manager.
- Manages database structure in cooperation with Data Operations team by defining new info required in the database (driven by data analytics outcome) as well as indicating improvement ideas.
- Sanity checks quality of data submitted by data providers (in close cooperation with data operations team) through both internal analysis and external comparison with market and UAE Central Bank data.
- Manage and ensure timely delivery for all executions related to data analytics tools /platforms.
- Execute, prepare and update on periodic basis executive Product Analytics reporting to support initiatives put in motion by Data Analytics Manager.
- Acquire data from primary data sources and maintain a consolidated database that holds a 360 degree view.
- Identify, analyse and interpret trends or patterns in datasets.
- Work closely with the data analytics manager to prioritise business and information needs.
- Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Develop periodic reports to track progress of the portfolio of products on all possible
- Locate and define improvement opportunities.
- Work with internal and external users to translate requirements into meaningful data-driven dash-boards and reports to promote information based educated decisions.
- Take accountability and ownership of data transformation, analysis and visualisations.
- If necessary design and implement customer applications to facilitate sharing of key finding.
- Must be able to work independently will minimum intervention.
- Good communication skills to provide updates.
- Strong analytical, problem solving capabilities with meticulous attention to detail and proven teamwork and communication skills.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor degree Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, Computer disciplines or Statistics.
- 5-7 years experience working in the field of Data Analytics projects.
- Background working on Data Modelling and Segmentation projects.
- Certifications in technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing large data sets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc).
- Hands-on experience with BI tools and reporting software (e.g. Microstrategy, Tableau, Pentaho, MS Power BI, MS Excel)
- Proactive, Self-starter, presentable and always ready to address meetings.
- Highly motivated to learn new techniques in the ever changing world of analytics.
- Keen interest in technology and desire to learn business processes.
What's on Offer
A key role in this crucial organisation will pay an attractive salary of plus benefits to the right candidate.