You are here
Opportunity in Transport Management
Must have experience in Mining/Construction Industry
About Our Client
Our client is an ISO Certified Mining Company in Fujairah, with over 300 employees, within the Production sector. They have a committed management and engineering team and are now looking to further expand their corporate finance team by hiring an experienced Financial Controller.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer of the Company, the responsibilities of Transport Manager will include, but not limited to the following:
- Monitoring progress, Quality of work, Compliance with regulations & Speed of completion stages.
- Identify and foster the adoption of "best practice" mechanism, models and techniques throughout the operational business.
- Management of Optimum utilization of Operators and Drivers.
- Management of Equipment break down and providing replacements where required to ensure minimum down time at sites.
- Monitor and control site fuel issues and receipts.
- Being the first point of contact for all drivers.
- Making sure that all transport fleet vehicles are properly maintained and serviced.
- Arranging for the induction and training off all new staff.
- Regularly liaising with the delivery manager to ensure a smooth running of both departments.
- Developing and nurturing customer relationships.
- Maintaining accurate administrative records.
- Giving drivers a full debrief, including techno. Analysis.
- Responsible for all of the dispatching, routing, and tracking of delivery equipment and vehicles.
- Dispatching complex and oversized goods to national destinations.
- Responsible for all H&S investigations.
- Costing and Annual Budgeting for Transport Department.
The Successful Applicant
For the role of Transport Manager the ideal candidate must have the following:
- A minimum 5+ years of Management experience in Transport Management.
- Must have experience in Industrial, Manufacturing or Construction industries with Multinational firms
- Supply Chain/ Logistics/Engineering related university degree required
- Candidate must be willing to work in Fujairah
- Must be Fluent in English and Arabic .
What's on Offer
The successful candidate for this role will be offered AED 20,000.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to progress within a large Mining group with a strong regional presence.