You are here
VP of Supply Chain - Retail
- Have you operated at director level within supply chain for a retailer?
- Have you got e-commerce supply chain experience?
About Our Client
This market leading multi $billion retailer within UAE as well as other GCC countries is currently looking for a VP of Supply Chain with a focus on E-commerce & Omni-channel operations.
- To develop, modernize and transition the e-commerce supply chain operations for Omni-channel to support significant planned growth
- To prepare yearly business plans & budgets for all logistics activities for UAE.
- To be responsible for the efficiency of all distribution centres in UAE.
- To continuously investigate and propose more efficient and cost saving ways of distributing products to stores.
- Driving logistics & supply chain strategy, consulting and technology offerings to new and existing clients, ensuring offerings are relevant and timely.
- To ensure consistency of service delivery; agreeing process standards, ensuring with the management that all stores, staff and processes comply with high-end supply chain & logistics international standards
- To determine overall working practices to establish & continuously monitor all supply chain and logistics within the department.
- To monitor Third Party performance against set criteria as per agreed standards, recommends continued use of contractors.
- Lead the effort in developing a highly prioritized short and long-term Distribution strategy that supports growth in the retail business (including ecommerce fulfilment), drives out costs and delivers high level of store in stock levels.
- Coach, develop and manage large teams.
The Successful Applicant
- 10-15 years gained in major retail environments, including minimum of 10 years in director of logistics & supply chain management positions
- Strong working knowledge of an Omni-channel / e-commerce environment.
- 3+ years e-commerce supply chain experience in setting up or handling the operations of Omni channel retailers that include business analysis, either within a consultancy or the online division of an established retailer.
- Some tangible major project management experience
- Should combining "hands-on" operational track record and strong strategic skills
- Logistics & Supply Chain experience gained in large and renowned retail chains is a must
- Significant multi-national / multi-cultural experience, working experience in Middle East preferred
What's on Offer