Accounts Payable & Fixed Assets Unit Head - UAE Nationals
High exposure role
About Our Client
Our client is a part of the Abu Dhabi government.
- Directs the day-to-day operations of the Accounts Payable, Payroll, & Fixed Assets of the LAD;
- Directs the design and development of accounting guidelines and procedures such as entry, exit or depreciation of assets in order to keep a valid, updated inventory of the Louvre Abu Dhabi assets;
- Coordinates with IT on the development and maintenance of Accounting Information System / ERP;
- Directs the generation of monthly, quarterly and end-of-year closing of books ensuring reconciliation and complete audit trail to provide accurate and up to date data for use of management;
- Reviews and follows up monthly reconciliation statements, scrutinizes and regularizes un-reconciled items and maintains proper records to ensure General Ledger balances match with the sub-ledgers;
- Oversees the planning for Tax payments if any and estimates in order to ensure compliance with relevant legislation;
- Directs the processing of employee payroll, generates required reports and coordinates with IT and HR for payroll processing in order to conduct payment of salaries and benefits every month on a timely manner;
- Performs other related duties or assignments as directed by the higher level of supervision;
- Any other duties appropriate to the role.
The Successful Applicant
- Must be a UAE National
- Knowledge in finance, budgets and fixed assets
- good understanding of the culture and local Payroll methods
- Knowledge of strategic remuneration (fixed assets) management, philosophy, theory and techniques
- Manages large accounting work loads at any given time
- Fluent in English and Arabic
- Graduate Degree [First cycle; Bachelor] in Accounting or Finance/ Professional Qualification such as ACCA, CPA, CA, etc
- 4 years working experience minimum in a Finance department or Accounting department
What's on Offer
The successful candidate for this role will be offered a competitive monthly salary, all-inclusive of basic, housing and transport allowances.