Analyst - Investments (Fixed Income)
Great work life balance
About Our Client
The client is an institutional investment house that have investments within many different asset classes and industries.
Based in Abu Dhabi, the client manages diversified portfolios in global listed equities, fixed income and alternative investments.
- Conduct fundamental credit analysis on investment grade and high yield issuers (sovereigns and corporate) within the EM and MENA markets
- Track the new issuance market, conduct timely analysis on potential issuances and provide investment recommendations to the portfolio manager and the team based on the result of the analysis
- Synthesize information from credit rating reports, bond prospectus, management presentations and current financial news to construct issuer-specific credit opinions
- Analyze corporate and government borrowers, and assist in the preparation of research reports including financial analysis, and assessment of valuation and potential investment returns
- Keep track of the key global macro developments (central bank meetings, macro data, IMF reports, rating agency reports) and their impacts on interest rate movements, term structure, bond yields, etc.
- Monitor corporate bond, loan, and credit default swap trading levels, using data to construct and maintain relative value analysis tools
- Monitor credit quality and exposure levels of existing holdings within the investment portfolios and assist portfolio managers in monitoring company and industry developments
- Assist in the development and improvement of credit research tools, process and reporting
- Work closely with the portfolio manager/team on any new mandates within the fixed income space including private debt, structured products, absolute return strategies, etc.
- Support the investment team in investment administration duties from time to time in relation to the Fixed Income Portfolios
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics or mathematics in a reputable University
- MBA from a top-tier institute or CFA preferred
- Arabic speaker is desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented with a solid knowledge of financial analysis under several standards
- Strong quantitative skills
- Team Player
- Flexibility / Resiliency - Ability to handle pressure and readily respond to changing circumstances and expectations
- Candidates should have 2-3 years experience in credit analysis or related work experience working with a buy side investment team or sell side research firm focused on fixed income
- Prior experience using Bloomberg and MS Excel from a fixed income perspective is highly beneficial for the role
- Extensive knowledge in fixed income investment (bonds, rates, sovereigns, private debt, structured products)
- Understanding of investment fundamentals driving credit valuations and pricing (leverage ratios, cash flow metrics, asset quality analysis, bond duration, yields); derivatives and related products
What's on Offer
Excellent exposure, and a great work life balance.