Assistant Finance Manager (18 month contract) - Large Bank
Part of a high efficient team
Excellent exposure in the role
About Our Client
The client, headquartered in British Virgin Islands, is a listed financial services holding company. The company currently has offices all over Africa, Mauritius and Dubai.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the individual is required to:
Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and supporting schedules of the Group and its subsidiaries
Leveraging strong technical accounting knowledge under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), to proactively analyze, account and report to senior management
- Implementing and maintaining accounting policies, procedures, processes and systems in accordance with IFRS
Ensuring that the group accounting records are up to date and accurate for the purpose of producing periodic and annual financial statements
Maintain controls and procedures to effect consolidation accounting and reporting, inter-company accounting and reconciliation
Prepare regular and one off presentations for senior management reporting to internal and external stakeholders of the firm on actual financial performance. Presentations will include, but not limited to presentations for senior management meetings with lenders, board of directors, new joiners, FRMC etc.
Analysis of various accounting alternatives, ad-hoc analysis and reporting as and when required for senior management reporting.
Liaison with external auditors and senior management of the Finance Group
Assist in special projects as required.
Acquire knowledge and understanding of all relevant Corporate Policies and Procedure
Undertake other duties as requested and required
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate should:
- Be a qualified Chartered Accountant
- At least 6 years of relevant work experience. Should have Big 4 audit experience (preferably with FIs) and currently at a similar role in a financial institution.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of IFRS. Should be able to interpret accounting standards and provide input on implications for the business.
- Highly motivated and willing to work long hours.
- Good communication, interpersonal skills and technology/ systems skills
What's on Offer
18 months contract role and great exposure