Associate 1, Private Equity (Infrastructure)
Bulge Bracket M&A or Top Tier Private Equity Experience required
Superior, accomplished financial modelling skills required
About Our Client
Our client is a private equity fund with experienced bulge bracket investment bankers at the helm, who have significant African deal-making experience and have worked in global financial hubs. They place a high degree of importance on numeric ability, initiative, and the willingness & ability to take ownership of work and projects.
The role presents an opportunity to join a fund in Qatar which has access to capital and is targeted on the underserviced African continent. It offers the opportunity to gain investments experience and progress within Private Equity. The Associate 1 will take primary ownership of financial modelling and be secondarily involved in investment screening, execution, portfolio management and exit readiness.
The ideal candidate will currently be an experienced Analyst 2/ Analyst 3/ Associate 1 at a Bulge Bracket Investment Bank (or would have recently transitioned to a Top Tier Private Equity firm from a Bulge Bracket Investment Bank) in an active capital market / financial hub, and thus have significant exposure to M&A transactions across sectors (exposure to Infrastructure as a sector is key). Qualitatively, they will align with their belief and passion for African markets, and will be enthusiastic about a progressive career within the firm.
The Associate will:
- Analyse investment opportunities against investment criteria and evaluate key drivers and commercial assumptions
- Run financial modelling of structures & returns for investment opportunities
- Run commercial due diligence on investment opportunities, and assist the team in managing and reviewing the work of third party due diligence (e.g. financial and legal)
- Prepare equity syndication & debt financing materials
- Prepare the Investment Memorandum for review by the Investment Committee
- Develop business specific knowledge and an understanding of how value is created within a business
- Assist the team in structuring exits and managing exits
- Contribute to the sourcing of new investment opportunities
- Work on research related to specific industries and transactions
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate:
- Will have a total of 2.5 - 3.5 years' of relevant work experience - this will be entirely at a Bulge Bracket Investment Bank, or a combination of previously being at a Bulge Bracket Investment Bank and now a Top Tier Private Equity Firm
- Will have deal experience (M&A) within the infrastructure sector; if not infrastructure, must demonstrate a strong case for why sectoral experience is transferable
- Will take ownership & have proven experience in ground-up financial modelling - DCF, M&A Models, Accretion Dilution Analysis, Comparables Analysis & other forms of valuation along with Waterfall fee structures (implying advanced Excel skills).
- Will have an excellent academic track record from top-tier institutions; will be Degree qualified and preferably have an MBA/ CFA
- Will preferably be a French & English speaker (due to exposure to French speaking countries)
- Will have excellent communication and presentation skills - an ability to present views clearly and concisely
- Will demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Will have a passion to work in Private Equity and motivation to progress with the firm
- Will have commendable work ethic - the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
What's on Offer
Excellent transaction exposure, globally competitive pay, a career