- Bulge Bracket M&A or Top Tier Private Equity Experience required
- Superior, accomplished financial modelling skills required
About Our Client
Our client is a private equity fund with experienced bulge bracket investment bankers at the helm, who have significant African deal-making experience and have worked in global financial hubs. They place a high degree of importance on numeric ability, initiative, and the willingness & ability to take ownership of work and projects.
The role presents an opportunity to join a PE fund in Qatar which has access to capital and is targeted on the underserviced African continent. The Associate 1 will take primary ownership of financial modelling and be secondarily involved in investment screening, execution, portfolio management and exit readiness.
The ideal candidate will currently be an experienced Analyst 2/ Analyst 3/ Associate 1 at an Investment Bank (or recently transitioned to Private Equity), and have significant exposure to M&A transactions across sectors (Infrastructure as a sector is key).
The Associate will:
- Analyse investment opportunities against investment criteria and evaluate key drivers and commercial assumptions
- Run financial modelling of structures & returns for investment opportunities
- Run commercial due diligence on investment opportunities, and assist the team in managing and reviewing the work of third party due diligence (e.g. financial and legal)
- Prepare equity syndication & debt financing materials
- Prepare the Investment Memorandum for review by the Investment Committee
- Develop business specific knowledge and an understanding of how value is created within a business
- Assist the team in structuring and managing exits
- Contribute to the sourcing of new investment opportunities
- Work on research related to specific industries and transactions
The Successful Applicant
- Will have a total of 2.5 - 3.5 years' of relevant work experience - this will be entirely at a Bulge Bracket Investment Bank, or a combination of previously being at a Bulge Bracket Investment Bank and now a relevant Private Equity Firm
- Will have deal experience (M&A) within the infrastructure sector; if not infrastructure, must be willing to demonstrate a strong case for why sectoral experience is transferable
- Will take ownership & have proven experience in ground-up financial modelling - DCF, M&A Models, Accretion Dilution Analysis, Comparables Analysis & other forms of valuation along with Waterfall fee structures (implying advanced Excel skills).
- Will have an excellent academic track record from top-tier institutions; will be Degree qualified and preferably have an MBA/ CFA
- Will preferably be a strong communicator in English; French is a plus (due to exposure to French speaking countries)
- Will have excellent communication and presentation skills - an ability to present views clearly and concisely
- Will demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Will have a passion to work in Private Equity and motivation to progress with the firm
- Will have commendable work ethic - the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
What's on Offer
Excellent transaction exposure, globally competitive pay, a career