Associate Director/VP- Compliance
Regulatory Compliance experience in Corporate Banking required
DIFC experience required
About Our Client
Our client is a leading bank based in Dubai offering wide ranging services in the corporate and investment banking sector. The bank is looking to hire Associate Director/VP - Compliance who will be responsible to ensure that the bank operates with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices while meeting the bank's business objectives.
This position will be accountable for the following roles and responsibilities:
- Management of Regulatory Compliance of the Central Bank regulations / Anti-money Laundering regulations & adherence to the Central Bank's policies, procedures, rules & regulations.
- Point of contact for the bank's banking & financial services regulators on compliance matters, including for making Suspicious Activity Reports and coordinating with relevant departments to ensure prompt response to regulator queries.
- Develop and implement effective Compliance Program that supports the business to ensure compliance with current and future regulatory requirements.
- Monitor the bank's conduct of business to ensure that any breach is identified quickly and dealt with responsibly, investigated and reported to Senior Management and the Board, if necessary.
- Prepare management reports regarding compliance operations and progress.
- Have an active role in projects, providing expertise on specific regulatory and compliance issues linked to the projects.
- Maintain effective relationships with regulators and handle any instruction, request, or inquiry in an open and cooperative manner.
- Manage specific regulatory projects (e.g. regulatory examinations/audits, application for licenses or branches, specific requests with regulators, etc.).
- Ensure that adequate systems and procedures exist to enable the necessary financial and regulatory reports and returns are submitted to the relevant regulatory authorities in a timely manner.
- Implement procedures to ensure that regulatory reports are submitted/filed accurately and timely.
- Be a liaison between the bank and the regulators.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the role of Associate Director - Compliance is required to meet the following criteria:
- 6-10 years' experience in a compliance position.
- Drafting and reviewing compliance policies and procedures.
- Experience with regulatory reviews and audits.
- DFSA related experience preferable
- Professional compliance certifications (e.g. International Compliance Association (ICA), CAMS ) preferable.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate for this role will be offered a competitive monthly salary. This is a great opportunity for an experienced compliance professional to advance in their career with this leading bank.