AVP Finance - Global Investment Banking
Opportunity to work with a growing team
This position will be acting Legal Entity CFO
About Our Client
A leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities operating in more than 45 countries worldwide.
- You will be responsible for fulfilling the role of Legal Entity CFO for the Saudi entities.
- Lead the legal entity governance of financial and management reporting, tax, financial and capital planning.
- Ensure the legal entity adheres to regulatory obligations.
- Front office P&L reconciliation to books & records.
- Perform analytical reviews of the Trading P&L and Balance Sheets.
- Execute controls to detect unauthorised trading or unusual activity and escalate in a timely manner to senior management.
- Work with the businesses and the new business product groups to evaluate & integrate new products and businesses into our financial environment in a controlled manner, perform analytical reviews of the New business P&L and trade bookings.
- Valuation governance and accounting consultation.
In addition to this, prior to branch go live, this role would need to partner with the project team and determine the obligations expected from Finance and eventually manage the following:
- Act as primary contact to business and partner with the business stakeholders and business management committee, driving analytics and facilitating fact-based decisions.
- Prepare monthly management reporting information to Credit Suisse interfaces.
- Provide transparency on the financial gaps and drivers in accordance to local GAAP standards and disclosures
- Local tax calculations and submissions
- Act as the regulatory contact on finance matters and review regulatory returns
- Update the local management on finance matters at appropriate forums
- Local GAAP accounts ownership and reconciliations, MIS to LE reconciliation and Local to US GAAP ledger reconciliations.
- Monitor any outsourced finance functions; provide feedback on service levels received on an ongoing basis
- Ensure a strong control culture exists.
- Take full ownership of local management reporting, business information and analytics needed.
The Successful Applicant
- Must be a GCC or Saudi national.
- University degree preferably in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting.
- Fluency in Arabic and English (Oral and written skills).
- Minimum of 6 -7 years of experience in Accounting function, Product control, Financial controlling or similar within a SAMA regulated international bank or financial institution.
- Knowledge of financial products.
- Experience in communicating with senior stakeholders and excellent business partnering skills.
- Project management experience (improving processes and controls to ensure a robust and stabilised function) preferred.
- International experience would be a benefit.
- Experience in Treasury is preferred.
- Good knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP.
What's on Offer
- Market competitive salary
- VIP Medical coverage for self and family
- Schooling allowance
- Relocation assistance
- Annual and performance bonuses