AVP Structured Finance - Oil, Gas and Petrochemicals
About Our Client
The client is an international bank based in the DIFC and is one of the largest banks in the world. Their main functions are investment banking, personal and corporate banking.
The main responsibilities are as follows:
- Support marketing and negotiating teams in lead arranging corporate transactions.
- Preparing credit applications and managing data input for GBR, EIC and other systems.
- Preparing externally facing marketing materials in line with the guidelines and seeking compliance approval.
- Input transactions into the Corporate Finance Grading Methodology (PD/LDG model).
- Working on asset management, distributions and other areas of ISD as requested by the team head.
- Managing other administrative and support functions related to the team (e.g. preparation/circulation of signing logs, KYC).
- Understanding the Bank's internal procedures and processes and applying them correctly.
- Supporting other staff with specialist knowledge and providing some training in specific areas of knowledge or systems where appropriate.
- To carry out marketing activities for dealing with customers for origination of transaction for regulated products, support the Group Head to achieve a pre-allocated financial budget at ISD and support the Group Head in overall country relationship function, marketing and related duties within assigned countries.
- Acting as a secondary point of contract in London for other oversea offices-based marketing teams.
- Identifying potential new ISD clients in the region, subsequently consulting with CD and assisting in preparation of indicative proposal in liaison with LCM.
- Liaison with Compliance to ensure all regulatory and internal policies are adhered in regard international sanctions and KYC.
- Liaison with Legal, OAD, CD, and other departments to ensure smooth transaction execution.
- Controlling and disseminating facility documentation to ensure compliance with credit approvals as well as operational and legal veracity achieving a pre-allocated financial budget objective.
- Provide information to clients on SMFG products and services, including investment products
- Support the Group Head with Credit Supervisory role preparation of Transaction Summary Sheets to be used in the internal consideration of potential new business and writing of credit application for obligors within region incorporating the business case as well as the interpretation and analysis of financial accounts, both historic and projected (credit risk of non-Japanese entities including corporates, banks, NBFI's and state-owned enterprises).
- Monitoring the economic, business and political scenes within the assigned region to ensure timely risk identification and avoidance.
- Attendance at borrower bank presentations, financial results presentations, and other market related information functions relevant to the position.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Business/ Finance / Economics from a reputed Western university
- Have a Master's degree and/or pursuing or completed CFA/CA is a plus
- Minimum of 3 years' experience of working within structured finance/project finance in a large financial institution or other relevant roles in the oil & gas/energy/petrochemical industry is a must
- Strong numerical and financial skills essential.
- Financial modelling experience essential (Excel, VBA).
- Methodical and meticulous with strong attention to detail.
What's on Offer
Excellent organisation and great exposure