Bored Tunnels Lead
An opportunity to contribute to the Saudi 2030 Vision
Play a critical role in the development of mega project
About Our Client
Our client is one of the leading projects in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia that is designed and developed in line with the 2030 Vision
* Work collaboratively to ensure a consistent approach to tunnel Fire & Life Safety and Tunnel Ventilation approach with the Cut & Cover Tunnels.
* Oversee the approval of design from concept to IFC and the management of the RFI process in timely schedule.
* Ensuring consultants are progressing design as per the schedule and have sufficient information ahead of requirement.
* Briefs the PD on design issues and progress, assists in preparation of design reports.
* Identifies critical design decisions ahead of schedule.
* Directs and oversees a team of consultants, designers and drafters in 2D & 3D design platforms.
* Assist in the appointment of design consultant's scope of works, ensuring they are agreed and fully understood by all parties.
* Monitors the bid or proposal process for design to ensure organisational goals are met.
* Assists in evaluation of Contractors Proposals, ensuring they are complete and unambiguous.
* Ensure the design has been reviewed on all projects with respect to mitigating Health and Safety, design and buildability issues prior to construction and ensure that hazards are noted on relevant drawings at each stage of their production.
* With all relevant parties, input into a realistic design programme and information required schedule to satisfy design, procurement and construction requirements.
* Reviews potential innovation and value engineering solutions.
* Brief and engage Specialist Consultants/suppliers to undertake specialist reports with respect to Stations for planning, then review and critique and manage risks to resolution.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will:
1. Have technical expertise in
- Tunnelling methods
- TBM bored tunnelling
- Drill & Blast/mining
- Shafts design and construction
- Tunnel linings and structures
- Tunnel Ventilation
- Tunnel Fire & Life Safety
- Utility tunnels
2. Over 15 years experience in managing multiple design disciplines and projects and the delivery of design, through a precontract schedule
construction phase, including design change process
3. Ability to identify critical design decisions ahead of schedule.
4. Degree or above in engineering
What's on Offer
An attractive package with benefits