Business Manager / Fashion Retail
An opportunity to work for a well established retail group
Minimum 6 years experience in Planning and Merchandising
About Our Client
An opportunity to work for a well established retail group.
- Liaise with retail team and Finance department to recommend a retail sales plan and budget that focuses on driving profitable margins.
- Work with store teams to increase revenues by increasing footfalls, enhancing conversion rates and sales of merchandise at full price
- Monitor and track store performance on a regular basis to ensure KPI's for Average Transaction Value (ATV), Average Transaction Unit (ATU) and conversions are achieved and make recommendations for expansion / closures if necessary
- Identify and implement cost reduction strategies in order to improve profit margins
- Monitor Open to Buy (OTB) limits and inventory budgets and devise strategies to improve stock turns
- Use sales data to analyse past performance and forecast futures sales in order to plan future budgets and inventory levels across the assigned brands / territory
- Monitor and track product performance and provide inputs to make merchandising recommendations
- Undertake pricing activities for brands based on pre-defined markups
- Prepare opening plan for new stores and determine annual store budgets in collaboration with Head of Retail Operations.
- Ensure all new stores are opened on time within the approved budgets in adherence to the brand standards
- Ensure the marketing calendars are adhered to the specific brand and budgets are maintained
- Monitor, review and track all store activities to ensure they are in line the company's operating policies and procedures and ISO standards
- Build and maintain relationships with external agencies including suppliers, licensees, principals, show sponsors, magazine editors, mall management, etc
- Collate feedback from operations team to understand customer preferences and buying behaviour for brands
- Develop and implement a training plan to enhance product knowledge and skills of the retail team in order to increase sales
- Lead, coach and manage the performance of staff in line with good people management practices basis for the new collections and trends.
- Lead, coach and manage the performance of staff in line with good people management practices.
The Successful Applicant
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's in Business Administration
- Minimum of 6-8 years experience
- Previous industry and management experience required
- Customer Focus
- Results Focus
- Sales Focus
- Negotiating and Influencing
- Operations Management
- People Management
- Finding creative solutions
- Planning and Organising
What's on Offer
Competitive package and benefits.