Category Manager - CAPEX & Services
This role will be responsible for the implementation of category management
Assigned categories will include site CAPEX, Services & materials
About Our Client
A locally owned global industrial manufacturing company based in the UAE
- Engage with internal stakeholders and supply market experts and data sources to generate ideas and opportunities.
- Support and undertake data collection and analysis activities relating to the development of the categories. Identify potential risks, issues and opportunities and propose recommendations relating to these.
- Review commercial arrangements, challenge operating models and implement innovative contracting arrangements (e.g. outcomes based contracts)
- Support Contracts Manager(s) and Category Managers in sourcing, tendering and negotiation activity relating to the categories to deliver contracting arrangements.
- Review customer satisfaction and supplier performance/compliance for the Categories under management
- Develop and maintain relationships with key existing suppliers and new partners within the supply market for the categories
- Mentor and train high potential SC personnel to uplift capability and transfer skills
- Update key stakeholders regularly regarding progress and delivery against targets
- Liaises with other departments, regarding forecast, resourcing and services as necessary and provide guidance to areas on appropriate contracting strategies.
Communicates with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, and other external sources.
- Manage the categories in line with the defined Category management process and advise on continuous improvement where relevant.
Support the Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) engagements associated with categories under management.
- Engage with key SC personnel and stakeholders to initiate category strategy development and support implementation focusing on sustainable value delivery.
- Identify key suppliers to engage in line with the defined SRM process.
- Participates in technical / commercial clarification meetings to obtain clarification from bidders to ensure sound and informed award decisions are made
- Define negotiating strategy and lead major commercial negotiations for categories under management.
- Coordinate the SRM engagement between key stakeholders and suppliers.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree or demonstrated functional excellence in Supply Chain Minimum Experience:
- 5-10 years relevant experience in category management and contracting
- Supply Chain functional expertise and knowledge.
- Background leading category management.
- Prior SRM engagement experience.
- Good negotiation, interpersonal, and decision making skills.
Excellent written and communication skills.
What's on Offer
30,000 - 35,000 AED