Category Manager - Corporate Services
A government conglomerate in the UAE require a Category Manager
Opportunity to work as part of a well structured and developed procurement team
About Our Client
A global wealth fund with strategic investments across international markets with equity in equities, fixed income & treasury funds, infrastructure real estate, private equity and others
The Category Associate role:
- Provides support to the Category Management Team, ensuring process compliance and delivering optimal sourcing benefits in conjunction with category management.
- Ensures best price is negotiated and obtained Specifically prepare requests for quotations, negotiate, select and identify most appropriate supplier (price, quality, conditions…) in collaboration with requesting department.
- Also actively engaging with and securing support from key local stakeholders (Finance, HR, Legal, Facilities) and Ensures that Category Management is aligned with corporate Strategies, in cooperation with business
- Establish key performance measures for each spend category (e.g., cost per unit); define the data collection process; forecast budgetary impact and track actual savings. Work with stakeholders to ensure contract compliance
- Ensure stakeholders abide by the strategic sourcing process and assist them by providing subject matter expertise and advice in relation to the process and associated activities to reflect best practice and provide solutions which maximize commercial outcomes and minimize procurement risk
- Manage and develop supplier relationships for each category under management using leading practice procurement tools (such as cost trend analysis, price change analysis and supplier performance reviews (in conjunction with SRM team) to deliver breakthrough performance in cost, service and quality.
The Successful Applicant
The suitable candidate will posses an excellent in depth knowledge of government procurement functions and will have ideally worked within a government or financial services and/or investment fund worldwide.
- Must have a minimum BA Honours degree from a reputable university
- Ideally hold an MBA or relevant masters
- Will be willing to relocate to AbuDhabi
- Must have outstanding knowledge of strategic vendor management and SRM
- Must have relevant corporate category management experience (professional services, facilities, consultancies)
What's on Offer
A competitive package depending on experience :
- 30,000 - 37,000 AED per month
- Excellent expatriate benefits