Chief Accountant - Arabic speaker
To be a part of progressive team
About Our Client
Leading distributors of FMCG products in the Middle East.
▪ Overseeing the accounting function to ensure the timely and accurate availability of reports to external and internal stakeholders.
▪ Upkeeping financial statements while continuously improving the recording and accounting methods and processes to improve operational excellence and efficiency.
▪ Ensure full compliance to HSE regulations and procedures to maintain a safe working environment at all times.
▪ Review daily, monthly, and other periodic accounting, journal entry bookings.
▪ Reconcile accounts, post journal entries, and maintain a complete and accurate general ledger in accordance with international accounting standards (IFRS) and reporting schedules
▪ Prepare and validate the Month-End closing process including validating accruals, journal entries and all working schedules.
▪ Prepare financial statements (balance sheet, profit and loss, cash flow, etc.) and submit periodical management reports to internal and external stakeholders.
▪ Schedule Zakat and Income Tax payments and any other tax related matters supported by the tax consultant.
▪ Solid contribution in the process of BCR forecast and annual yearly budget.
▪ Review company financial policies and guidelines and provides recommendation in amending existing policies and/or formulating new policies to ensure compliance with evolving changes in regulations.
▪ Managing and overseeing the company insurance policies.
▪ Work with external auditor, tax agent, banker, and group finance to ensure timely filing.
▪ Interfacing with local IT consultants to test recent ERP software's implementation.
▪ Monitor and analyze P&L and Balance sheet transactions and ensure their correctness; deal with eventual discrepancies; review and confirm the overall correctness of P&L and BS statements.
▪ Fosters collaboration in the team and with other teams.
▪ Know how to have the right people at the right time at the right place, which means anticipating on the attrition via active succession planning in the team and by hiring new staff.
▪ Manage team performance and conduct yearly appraisal interviews with the team.
▪ Share knowledge and train team members to develop a learning culture.
▪ Takes the lead on finance initiatives and supports in implementing new projects, improvements or process changes.
▪ Carry out additional relevant tasks as advised by the direct supervisor.
▪ Adhere to all policies and procedures as per BCR manual.
The Successful Applicant
- 7 years of experience in accounts/finance
- Exceptional work ethic, with strong values and principles,
- Good team player
- Detailed-oriented, especially to Quality and Hygiene
- Acceptable communication skills
- Financial reporting software applications
- FMCG background
- Arabic speaker
What's on Offer