Chief Executive Officer - Mauritius
Great exposure to public and private sector
- Leading the apex business organisation of Mauritius
About Our Client
Business Mauritius is the coordinating body of the business community, comprising 9 Partner Members representing all the main business sectors and a membership of 1200 companies.
Business Mauritius stems from the merger, in October 2015, of two business associations, namely the Mauritius Employers Federation and the Joint Economic Council. Leveraging on over 50 years of cumulated experience of strategic accompaniment to local business in multiple ways, Business Mauritius remains focused on 3 strategic goals:
- Engage business in National Economic Development
- Champion the development of a strong Social Capital through business
- Promote Sustainability and Inclusive growth for business
Executive search for a Chief Executive Officer to replace Mr. Raj Makoond who will retire in the first half of 2018.
This position is a critical hire for the association. Business Mauritius is looking for an experienced leader with strong background in economic development and preferably with a mix of Public/Private experience. The successful candidate will have to drive Business Mauritius vision and will be the key spokesperson of the business community. He/she should demonstrate the ability to clearly communicate strategy to government, international organisations, members and other stakeholders.
- Interaction with Ministers, Senior Civil Servants, International Organisations (IFC, World Bank, COMESA, UE, etc.), Partners Members (ARHIM, AMM, BACECA, IAM, MBA, MCA, MCCI, MEXA, OTAM) and Members.
- Promote a culture that reflects the values and behaviours of the association, and rewards team work
- Serve as the spokesperson and representative for the association and ensure that the organisation and its mission, programs, and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders
- Ensure that Business Mauritius maintains high standards of corporate citizenship and social responsibility
- Carry and entrench the organisational vision and mission
- Management of a permanent staff of 20+
The Successful Applicant
- Demonstrated leadership skills with ability to develop a strong team approach
- Experience in Economic Development with exposure to national, regional and international economic contexts
- Must be able to build/maintain strong internal/external relationships while coordinating multiple tasks/priorities.
- Over 10 years experience in management 5 of which should be in a senior position;
- Strong relationship building and negotiation skills with ability to effectively create, screen and communicate proposition/recommendation to relevant stakeholders.
- Should have a strong academic background.
What's on Offer
Attractive package - Once lifetime opportunity.
Michael Page has been appointed as the exclusive recruitment partner of Business Mauritius. Only the relevant profiles will be considered. Hence if you don't receive an answer after two weeks, you should consider that your application has not been successful. Please do not send your application to Business Mauritius directly.